SAU Community

Alarms

grandmasterb

I've got one and I'd say everyone should have one.

It's good for peace of mind when you leave it in the street.

I garage mine every night though so its not that big a deal.

I wouldn't leave mine in the street anywhere without an alarm though.

yeh I got cyclops. happy with that atm, wouldn't mind a remote start one though

Did ya go a software upgrade with the Cyclops mate??? They are capable of running t/timer and remote start. I have to do a software upgrade on mine so i can have keyless entry

didn't know they could do remote start with cyclops??? i need to get the new software as my turbo timer reaks havoc on my alarm

Sorry, my post wasn't really clear. The software upgrade is what will allow you to run a turbo timer, central locking, boot release and remote start features if the system permits. The Cyclops will not allow remote start, but will allow turbo timer, alarm/immobiliser upgrade as well central locking (keyless entry).

the old one works with turbo timers in some case's (like phat r33's), but in my case it didn't which is why i require the upgrade.

i talked to car accessory installs and they said that probably the only way to put remote start on is buy one of those alarms off ebay and only use the remote start feature.

the old one works with turbo timers in some case's (like phat r33's), but in my case it didn't which is why i require the upgrade.

i talked to car accessory installs and they said that probably the only way to put remote start on is buy one of those alarms off ebay and only use the remote start feature.

The problem you have with that MR30 is that not all alarms are capatible, they do this so you have to go back to them to buy parts and accessories or they wouldn't make money. After talking with the guys from Cyclops (as i had the same thought as you) it appears that there isn't really anyway you can wire up a remote start feature with the Cyclops without running new software from another company that enables RS. Doing this really doesn't make sense as you would just buy a different alarm that had it as a feature or an upgrade and not waste your time or money trying to incorperate it into something that wasn't compatible?

Just my 2cents thats all :cheers:

I have the Magicar 8000. It has remote start but no turbo timer. I think Id rather have the turbo timer. I looked on another thread and they said you only really need to let your car warm up for thirty seconds or do.

I have the Magicar 8000. It has remote start but no turbo timer. I think Id rather have the turbo timer. I looked on another thread and they said you only really need to let your car warm up for thirty seconds or do.

Yes, and you dont need water and oil in your car either :Oops:

So quick to criticize.

Read this thread.  

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...arm+up+time+R33

Does the B stand for BATER?

Not at all, its a fairly well known thing that you dont let your car sit at idle when warming it up first thing. Doesn't take a rocket scientest to figure that out. But it also means that you drive the car at limited revs, not spooling up on boost for a few minutes. Same goes for a bike, it will warm up quicker with light riding rather than sitting at idle. Im not criticizing at all, and im not having a go at you either burkey22, its called TTP (Taking The Piss) which is what i do best. Professional sh1t stirring by trade mate. I agree with everyone that posted on that thread and i read over it sometime ago, as well as other articles that covered the same thing. My old man did a test some years ago wiht one of his TAFE classes regarding the matter. You need to lighten up take other peeps opinions or bugger off and post sh1t in other people threads in the future that is relavent to the conversation :D

OH and as for the B how about coming up with something a bit more original hey, where not all in kindy anymore mate :headspin:

Turbo timers have good points and bad points. I doesn't take much to back off the last 20k's or so to your place before turning the car off. And as for letting the car warm up for 30sec or so, a valid point, but what also should be said is that its best to drive to limited rev (eg under 3k) and NO boost till the temp/pressure is up working and flowing well. Its not a matter of just letting the car sit there for 30secs then flog the living SH!T out of it cause its warm now :)