SAU Community

r33 gtst top speed

dAVE

Unless the "worked" engine has had it rev range increased it won't be any quicker than the cars gearing (diff & g/box) allows.

Increased power only gets you there faster. Gearing will get you a higher top speed!

I've managed a touch over 6300 in 5th back when I had 215rwkw. 6300 in 5th is ~245-250ish. So I agree a stock GTS25t would be lucky to push past 230-240 before it'd run out of puff or drag would stop the fun.

So I agree a stock GTS25t would be lucky to push past 230-240 before it'd run out of puff or drag would stop the fun

Pah... i got up to 190 in my stock standard R31 on "my private test track" and i'd say there was another 20-30km/h in it. Consider that is 120kw and an r33 gts-t has around 180kw standard, you should get more than 230km/hr.

Course with the stupid speedos on the skylines (whose dumb idea in japan was it to go up to only 180km/hr ??)... its always hard to tell.

Sure you can get to 180-190-200km/h etc.. but as speed goes up so to does drag. It's a LOT harder to hit 230-240km/h & takes plenty of power & a very good CD to push past these speeds. Plus add speedo error into the equation & you'll find your 190km/h in your R31 was probably closer to 175-180km/h.

I'd say for a box on wheels, an R31 would have massive drag!

Yeah, who knows about speedo error but generally i think mine was on target because i did a test once on the hume on that measure speed points and it was bang on at 110km/hr like the speedo was saying.