SAU Community

Price of respray????

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what price ide be looking at for a colour change to my car? Any one got any places to recommend for a cheap respray???

I know there was an ad posted on here for cheap resprays but it was closed. Any suggestions?....cause im sick of white!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to change the color of your car, and do it properly will cost you in excess of 6k engine needs to come out, just depends on how keen you are. i have a white r33 and if i was ever gonna get a respray i would just get a nice pearl into the white to make it look better and stand out more.

But then again thats just me, go black, then you can see how bad the panels mite be and you can wash it and it can be dirty straight away :)

ill second that comment around being black and dirty the next day... gosh it gives me the shits.

not even next day, i just washed the car and then drove it, pull on to the side of the road where its gravel, and the dust i created just covered the car... what a waste of washing..

(i know, 'dont pull over on the dirt then', well i had to pull over somewhere!)

shaun.

yeh colour change resprays start to get pretty expensive, our shops prices starts around 7k for respray and thats only an outside respray without a colour change, but thats a flawless job

i wouldn't recommend it unless you have heaps of dosh, or you have a painter mate

ill second that comment around being black and dirty the next day... gosh it gives me the shits.  

not even next day, i just washed the car and then drove it, pull on to the side of the road where its gravel, and the dust i created just covered the car... what a waste of washing..  

(i know, 'dont pull over on the dirt then', well i had to pull over somewhere!)

shaun.

Don't ya just love it. I've gone one step further and got white rims on my black car, now there is a washing nightmare :D

i had a spray job that was off the gun when i had a front end prang. It was totalli shit. Very nasty and wouldnt recomend it as it looks like it was done with a spray can. A year later when i bought my body kit, my uncle did a whole repsray with 5 coats + 4 coats of clear for 1600 :D Gettin a respray is BS unless u know sumone in the game hey.

if you know someone who can pull and off the gun finish it will always look better then a buffed one

my car has been painted twice one by my uncle and once by MC racing and both time they have been off the gun.

buffing cuts 30% of the shine and you will always have to buff it to keep it looking good.

yep thats all this car needs as it really is in good condition apart from a few scratches here and there...... so any sydney recommended people that do this type of thing? and what happened to the guys from this forum offering such a service?

i got a quote from jetspeed for around 3500 for same colour respray.

I've heard that you can slightely change colour of your car somehow with not too much difficulty. ie, my car is silver series 1.5 r33, i wanted to get it the gunmetal series 2 colour...is there a way to do this without all the hassle of a 8k paint job??? Mind you its by no means a show car or anything, but i would like it to look good