SAU Community

100K service and nice power increase! ;)

flagger

well i put my car into hardcore racing at slacks creek today for my 100K service. got the usual stuff done, timing belt, water pump, diff oil, gearbox oil, seals, bearings, etc

anyway, things that were stuffed:

- water pump: all the teeth were chopped off. somehow it was still pumping water, but i doubt it would have for much longer. the mechanic said it was the worst water pump he had ever seen

- coil packs: i was getting misfires after coming off mid-high boost. turns out both packs had cracks, and 3 electrodes were damaged to all buggery. only 2 were in a "ok" state

so after that was all fixed/replaced a dyno run/tune was done (dyno run done before service too)

dyno-100K%20service-5-5-05.jpg

very nice increase. its a helluva lot smoother now, the gearbox is way more nicer to shift now and now i know the car is mechanically sound again. it wasnt cheap though, the coils bloody cost a lot (2nd hand as well).

so the moral of the story is: if your due for a major milestone service, go and do it. u might not know what parts may be at their limit.

wow.. they slapped a bit of a markup on the timing belt. They are usually around the 90-100 mark direct from nissan. :cheers:

Not to mention those second hand coil packs. I picked one up from the wreckers on Thursday for $77, would be interesting to know what you got charged for them...

$77 for second hand jobs.. Shiet.. :cheers:

Thats $462 for a complete set.

Spend another hundred or so and you can have a set of Spitfire coils imported from Nengun or Greenline.

$77 for second hand jobs.. Shiet.. :cheers:

Thats $462 for a complete set.

Spend another hundred or so and you can have a set of Spitfire coils imported from Nengun or Greenline.

But I only needed the 1. Maybe if several had shit themselves together I would had paid the extra for Splitfires, but in this case $77 was much better than $600+...