SAU Community

My Gtr's performance

Hey all,

Had my R32 Gtr dyno'd not that long and would like to see people's thoughts on the power output that it made. Just curious as to wether the power its making is consistant with mods thats its had done, or should it be making more??

It was dyno'd at 235rwkw on 17psi and 220 on 14psi.

Standard rebuild (12,000k's ago)

Nismo front pipes and 3 1/12 exhaust

Apexi pod filter kit

Apexi Safc

Bigger fuel pump

Cheers,

Obes

That is about on the money for a standard turbo GT-R. Please understand that results from dyno to dyno vary (yes even the shootout modes etc etc) more so than cars will vary.

The important thing is to make sure your A/F ratios are ok on full boost (ie less than 12.5:1 or thereabouts, depending on who you believe) & also that there is a complete absense of pinging from the engine (ie not too much ignition advance).

A healthy engine is more important than an extra ten horsepower, so be carefull in pushing stock turbos too hard. In any case there are better ways of judging your RB26's health than a power figure.

For what it is worth my R32 spat out 305hp at 13.4psi. So yours is on the money.

Have fun & drive carefully. :P

OBES,

I had my R32 GTR dyno tuned yesterday and it has standard turbos and a standard computer (although this may have been piggybacked) with similar mods to yours and ran 232.7rwkW @ 15psi.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've had my R32 GTR for a while and I'm getting it dyno tuned within the next few weeks with similar mods so I should expect a similar figure (maybe more seeing as I have an aftermarket intercooler and ECU). It also gives me an opportunity to find out if there are anymore mods in my car. I'll let you guys know once I get the results.