SAU Community

Rear Speaker install on r32 coupe

Girigiri

to my knowledge you won't be able to remove the rear shelf as it's welded in the body. It's a structural thing.

If you really must have rear speakers the way I got to mine was by removing the rear seats, after that everything was removed without issue.

Actually Nathan the rear shelf comes out on its own. It's just masonite covered in fabric. Found all this out during window tinting.

As for getting it out? As Nathan said, rear seats out, and go from there. Afaik you need to remove the rear wiper, but the manual will reveal all secrets. :)

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Piece of piss...

2 Clips on the bottom front of the Rear seat... unclip and remove the bottom section.. there are 2 10mil bolts holding the bottom of the upper part of the seat... undoo them and pull the seat up towards the rear windscreen... and out of the car. Rear parcell shelf if helt in by clips... you will have to remove the Plactic cover around the Wiper and ulclip the shelf and it comes out.

Good luck getting 6X9's in there.

Piece of piss...

2 Clips on the bottom front of the Rear seat... unclip and remove the bottom section.. there are 2 10mil bolts holding the bottom of the upper part of the seat... undoo them and pull the seat up towards the rear windscreen... and out of the car. Rear parcell shelf if helt in by clips... you will have to remove the Plactic cover around the Wiper and ulclip the shelf and it comes out.

Good luck getting 6X9's in there.

I just fitted a pair of Pioneer 6" 3-ways and that's pretty much it, but I didn't have to remove the plastic wiper cover on my R32 GTR it just came away with the shelf cover as did the standard speaker covers. To get the bottom part of the seat out you just pull up hard at the front on each side to release the clips.

The speakers I bought bolted straight into the existing speaker holes using the hardware supplied with the speakers...a very easy job.

It would be difficult to fit 6x9's without hacking the metal shelf...not recommended. But one way around that problem would be to get a pair of plastic speaker spacers that would screw to the shelf trim in place of the origonal speaker grills (these just unscrew on a GTR). Jaycar sell these:

http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?...eMax=&SUBCATID=

• 2 months later...