SAU Community

32gtst front bar

FATAZZ

anyone else have a stock r32 gtst front bar with the motorised spoiler that drops down, if this post has been coverd plz post a link for me and other latecomers.

Question is,how can i make it go up n down manually?

n how can i take it out to paint then refit?

• 7 months later...

to drop it down manually you have to be in neutral and have the handbrake up, otherwise it wont come down

it will drop down automatically at 70km/h

im sure you could play with the wiring so that it will come down when ever you press the button though...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i ripped mine out when i fitted my intercooler on my 33. I guess they direct the air up int0 the radiator, but i recon they are a waist of time as they are to small to do anything, ended up bolting the scoop onto the bottom of my front bar to make a bit of a lip.

• 3 weeks later...

I put mine down then simply un-plugged it.. now i scrape it everywhere but its ok becoz i plan on a gtr bumper soon so i kinda just laugh lol

You can play with the wiring to make it come down and up when you want which would be best, but i cbf gettin an electrition for that when im just gonna change the whole bar! In regards to what it does obviously it will create some downforce on the front end of the car otherwise i cant see it severing any purpose, wont deflect air into the radiator as its located behind the main opening of the front bar, so I think its only for the downforce :whoops: