SAU Community

6pt Roll-cage for R32GTR (Perth)

If it's from Japan , highly unlikely it will be CAMS compliant.

CAMS req's 45 mm main hoop and straight rear legs , diagonal in main hoop and usually larger foot plate area than the Japs do.

Bond cages are cheap but ya get what ya pay for. I found them to be a fairly average fit.

I usually get mine custom made , more expensive, but I consider is worth it.

Cheers

Will this role cage fit a r32 gtst? or if not can you get them.

This might sound stupid but what other reason would a rolecage be good for apart rolling the car??

would it make the car more solid? and feel read smooth when going around corners fast?? it wont lean like stock gtst?:burnout:

There are two main benefits of a rollcage. One is the saefty aspect, whereby a roll over will not see you crushed like a bug. Two is the increased chassis rigidity, this makes the car handle much better when racing, and stops chassis twist with high horsepower engines.

I'm pretty sure that GTR rollcages are different than the GTS-t's, but you can certainly have them made.

See'ya :burnout:

Originally posted by M3M3NTO

Will this role cage fit a r32 gtst? or if not can you get them.

This might sound stupid but what other reason would a rolecage be good for apart rolling the car??

would it make the car more solid? and feel read smooth when going around corners fast?? it wont lean like stock gtst?:burnout:

Depends on the type of cage...

Obviously a bolt in wont offer the same amount of chassis stiffening as a weld in. But it will be much better than nothng.

R32 2doors are same floor pan I think, so 98% they will bolt in HCR32.

As for stopping body roll... No it wont. A stiffer car will put more weight on the suspenders. You will still have to look at roll centres, sway bars, shocks/springs etc.

But if you put your ill handling GTS over its door handles, thenthe chances of getting a squashed melon are greatly reduced.

Merry Christmas ;)