Garage Debris Airbox pics are up!

NZM.031

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

moanie, i got done by an arsehole of a cop, in singleton, by the name of Smith, he has a bad name around the hunter valley, nobody likes him, has been alot off petitions to get him off the force as he is just cruel.

he let me off with the box in place. ive never heard of it having to be in a plastic box, alot of cars have metal airboxs. they went to plastic for the cost + weight.

thanks for the compliments guys, sorry Mark, but she looks similar to alot of other 33s around, so shes going to get changed from classy to drift spec... i love it how it is but i want to stand out.

doodz, the airbox is piss easy to install. im sorry but the allen head bolts are staying, they look neater, im not putting thumb screws on there, just carry the correct allen key in your car. hell, ill give you one if you want me to.

cheers

Linton

hmmm... you sure?  maybe it was the luck of the draw?  as in a semi nice cop?  i've just been done for my pod twice, and both times i was told it HAD to be a plastic box :D  just don't want to risk it a 3rd time, unless i'm sure i won't get done!

You can never be 100% sure because the written law can be interpretted in whatever way the indiviual likes. To a certain extent of course.

But in all honesty, from everything I've read and heard, living in Sydney you're going to be way more likely to get pulled over, and the police there seem to defect you guys for everything.

In other areas, you will usually not get pulled over unless you flaunt the laws time and again.

I'll see what documents I can find online though and see if we can get a proper reading of the rules.

Will that put your mind at ease Moanie? :crazy:

that'd be great monkeyk!! :O

NZM - I love the box!! it looks sooo neat!! i *tried* to make one myself, but i was going to use fibreglass and i didn't know how to cut it!!! i ended up putting the stock plastic box back on... when i went back to the epa to clear my defects i asked the guy about it.. he said that nothing but plastic would do :P it sux :) i want i sexy box like that for my filter!!! :( and yeah.. guess i'm just scared of getting done a third time.. it won't be pleasant! and it'll be too $$ for me to fix :( but dammit! i want that box! lol!

Nice job on the box mate!

hehe, they look similar to the one I run at the moment, but your offering them at a good price.

I currently run a similar set up to linton, and I also run thermal insulation in the lining of the box, to prevent heat soak...

I also run CAI running from the corner of my 400r front bar, and only get a tiny bit warm... not even noticeable to be honest ;)

yeh, im looking at different types of insulation, but these will be a "Deluxe" box that will cost extra.

ill do a temp. test when i can find a thermoprobe long enough to reach to the airbox, mine reaches to the turbo at the moment.

i thought it would be slightly easier too moanie, but anyway, now that ive got the first one made, i can go see where it could be improved more and go from there.

cheers

Linton

lwells, dont get quite what you mean.. you mean a full bolt in replacment airbox?? as in the ARC type. then no.

it is an enclosed box/shield for your pod filter, so you dont get defected for it. and also a bit of bling in the engine bay.

cheers

Linton

I don't quite know how else to phrase it: is the pod fully enclosed in the box (with an entry for the air duct and the pod/afm), that is, does it have four sides, a top and a bottom, or is it just a shield that sits over the top and down a couple of sides?

Lucien.

definately looks sweet :cheers:

i can see you've got fmic piping - are there allowances made for ppl with the stock cooler and piping arrangement too?

i'd be up for one too - when are you thinking of having some ready?

yeh, there is one for the stock piping....just has an extra hole and requires a little more work to install.

hopefully have them done when the bender turns up... i have been cutting them out though, ready for bending, if it doesnt come soon, ill make some up using the old way, it still works fine, just takes a little more time.

cheers

Linton