SAU Community

Walbro High Pressure 255L/hr Fuel Pump (New)

I have a small number of fuel pumps for sale. These are in-tank units and suit most cars - Skylines, S13's etc.

Walbro 255L/hr

Part Number: GSS - 341

Includes instructions, everything needed for easy DIY fitting (30-60 minutes).

standard fuel pump failure is very common in older cars (eg s13's and r32 skylines), and can lead to killing engines. If yours is standard it is definantly a good idea to replace.

As a comparision -

walbro = 255 litres per hour

gts-t pump = 135 litres per hour

gtr pump = 190 litres per hour

walbro.jpg

Price is $165

please PM me to order and I can send you bank account information. Shipping is $10

Cheers,

Tim

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are a lot quieter than bosch or GTR pumps, (slightly louder than stock, but there isn't really much noticable difference).

yeah, I hate the "whiny" GTR pump sound, you definantly won't get that.

I'm using one of these in my own car, and I can personaly contest to that ^

Someone asked me for a picture of the stock fuel pump, so here it is:

fuelpump.jpg

pretty sure it's stock Nissan, it has a nissan symbol imprinted on it. manufacturer is JECS. It looks in pretty good shape, was suprised how clean it was when I removed it, however i guess fuel tank doesn't see much dirt...

I am currently taking orders for Walbro's, I have some more arriving tommorrow or early next week, so get in quick, otherwise there may be a week or two wait if I run out.

yeah, thats the stocker.

To anybody installing these my recommendation is DO NOT use the supplied sock (attach the nissan one to the walbro).. as I believe they have a serious design flaw in the sock. In 6-12 months it may fall apart, and start sucking itself into the pump.

Thanks for the advise.

For what it's worth, we have been selling these exact pumps for a year or so and only one has been returned so far, this was because it had been wired up incorrectly and we refunded it (even though it was installer error).

(i honestly don't know how u can confuse a red wire for a black wire but there you go...).

These are very easy to self-install however if you are uneasy about these sorts of things a mechanic shouldn't charge more than half an hours labour to do the job for you.

I've had mine for about 2-3 months and the car gets a fair beating on track. has held up with no problems what-so-ever.

Does it have thw same max op pressure as the GTR R32 in tank pump ,or better , if so what is the pressure please.

Thanx

dave

I have a small number of fuel pumps for sale.  These are in-tank units and suit most cars -  Skylines, S13's etc.

Walbro 255L/hr

Part Number: GSS - 341

Includes instructions, everything needed for easy DIY fitting (30-60 minutes).

standard fuel pump failure is very common in older cars (eg s13's and r32 skylines), and can lead to killing engines.    If yours is standard it is definantly a good idea to replace.

As a comparision -  

walbro = 255 litres per hour

gts-t pump = 135 litres per hour

gtr pump = 190 litres per hour

walbro.jpg

Price is $165

please PM me to order and I can send you bank account information.  Shipping is $10

Cheers,

Tim

Max operating pressure that i've seen walbros been tested at is 100psi (so theoretically more but i doubt in application you will exceed 100psi as you'd have to be running like 40-50psi boost!!!)

Max operating pressure for GTR pumps is 90psi (as they have a relief valve which opens at 90psi) - this is for R33 GTR

I hope this answers your question. I also found some more info on a benchtest of flow characteristics of various pumps which may be interesting.

------

Here is some data on a bench-test which was performed. R33 GTR pump is shown as comparison.

http://www.stealth316.com/images/flowtest-t&htp.gif

-------

Keep in mind this test compares a New stock R33 GTR pump, so a 15 year old r32 gtr pump will not perform as well as this.

Hi mate,

Im VERY interested, just found the post. Im actually biddin on one now on EBAY, so if that falls through i WILL buy one off you in a couple of days. I assume these are just the basic pump , like not a special one for skylines or anything? I have a Toyota Soarer and am gonna replace mine before i install the SAFC to save any future grief.

Ill let you know. This is a great price!!