SAU Community

Where to Get an R33 GTS-t Complied

James@JDM

Hi Guy's

I have a R33 GTS-25t that I imported into NZ that can't be complied even though it has Dual airbags and is a 1996 Series 2. (We have different rules to you guys)

My cousin lives in Sydney and is interested in buying it but Im not sure on the exact process for sending a car into Aus, I realise there is 10% duty and 10% GSt but what other costs are involved?

Who in sydney can comply R33's and any idea on approx costs?

Basically don't want to send him a car and then him not be able to do anything with it, so need to try and sort out as much as I can before it goes.

Cheers

James

Go here and search for who can comply R33s, there are plenty of workshops who can do so.

Costs

- cost of car

- freight

- customs duty = 10% x (cost of car plus cost of freight)

- gst = 10% x (cost of car plus cost of freight+customs duty)

- customs and quarantine clearance fees

(approx $500 if you go through a customs agent)

- cost of compliance through a RAWS (was $4000 when I got my car, I think it's a lot cheaper now)

Just remember that under the SEVS scheme, the car cannot be accident damaged (there are very small tolerances for accident damage, best to be safer than sorry), and the car must be returned to stock at compliance.

You need to speak to one of those workshops, see if they will work with the car to comply it. They would probably want to know about any mods / damage to the car before they make an undertaking to comply it.

Vijay

Thanks guys will get in touch with them, The car was auction grade 4 so is pretty tidy, when you say no accident damage, your meaning siginifcant damage i.e chassis/rust etc.

Im fairly confident on that front it shouldbe fine.

Will let you know how I get on.

Email Zoran it [email protected] sending him the auction report and your cousins details and he will be able to comply it.

If it is a good car it is simple as, tell him you got the contact info off the Skyline Forum as well.

JAPP SPORT

Address 6/72-74 Orange Grove Road

LIVERPOOL NSW 2170

AUSTRALIA

Contact Name Mr Zoran Todorovic

Phone 02 9601 4491 Fax 02 9601 0691