SAU Community

Has my ECU been tampered with?

I was tracing the imfomes 'wire 53' today, and i havn't been able to find a cut in the wire anywhere (i'll get a multimeter to test it soon) but i opened the ECU so I could count the pins to find the wire, and i noticed this handwritten sticker on one of the chips. I have noticed my car blowes flames on gearchanges, the rev limiter dosn't work (only gone to ~8100rpm), it's not speed limited, and the HICAS isn't complaining of no Veicle speed sensor. Could someone have edited the ECU and frigged it up. I have also had to have the A/C bypass the ECU so it would turn the compressor on.

P10100351.JPG

P1010036.JPG

Thanks

Are R33 and R32 GTR ECU's interchangable? Cause if my ECU is the prob i'll just get a PFC, but I don't want to get one and find that there's still a wiring problem.

You can just get somebody to put the stock map back on your ECU if you want - it would take almost no time to do. It doesn't seem too difficult to actually modify the stock ECUs in any of the major Nissan imports.

I thought it had been remapped, but i just thought i'd ask, didn't know if they had some poor pleb on the production line writing on every ecu.

So is it commen for remapped stock ecu's to bugger up the A/C and HICAS?

It is possible to adjust the Aircon and the HiCAS using the ECU. I don't know why anyone would though... mostly people take out the speed limiter and adjust fuel maps.

So in answer to your question - maybe not common but possible.

Well i just tested my wires, and wire 53 isn't cut, but there isn't any voltage coming though when the car is moving, so it looks like the speed sensor is dead. Anyone know where i can get a replacment? And i borred dad's R33 GTR ECU and the light still comes on (and power stearing playes up)