SAU Community

34 gtt specs

ba bow!!! Only non-turbos were ever made in Bayside Blue, hence why they are missing the 3 gauges (all non-turbos are missing those gauges). The only way a Turbo R34 can be Bayside Blue is if the car has been repainted, or a turbo conversion has been done on it - in which case the car will not pass adrs and cannot be complied in Aus (as far as I'm aware). Do some searches on Bayside Blue R34s and you will find they did not make them in a Turbo variant (other than GTRs obviously), and I think are known as an R34GTV (as opposed to GTT).

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but in my travels this is what I have learnt.

Would you care to post the auction sheet of your R34 Blue_J? - I am interested to see!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh damn! I thought the car was turbo.

No seriouslly I won't be rude, but you are totally incorrect.

Yes they made Bayside Blue GTTs, anyone who has told you

otherwise don't know jack. BTW car dealers generally know nothing

about cars, so there is a start.

Additionally I have sat in a Blue GTT at a yard and yes I'm not colour blind :)

And lastly but not leastly to prove my point; here is my results from Nissan Fast for my car;

Note: 1-Colour Code, 2- Engine RE25det

nissanfastresults3kz.jpg

That's why I put the 'feel free to correct me if I'm wrong' disclaimer at the bottom :)

I am still confused as to why the 3 gauges are missing though .... even with the TV they would have easily fitted. Nice colour choice btw :)

Hey, can you do a FAST search like that on my car for me? VIN ER34015023

Hey Nightcrawler;

here are you nissan fast results;

A little jap translation might help though

*First abbrev: Super Fine Coat - paint

*Second abb: Something about rear UV (prob tinted???)

*Third abb: no clue! rear something?

my.php?image=nightcrawlerfast9ya.jpg

In case anyone was wondering about S1 GTT's they were also available in the stunning Bayside Blue... the one I looked at in yard was a S1 and they wanted $44k for the thing. damn expensive!!

The colour is so rare; hence all confusion and mystery.

Mine's a S1 99 model and has the sunroof :D Have yet to see another 34 with one...although I'm sure they exist but very rare!

There was one at the dealership when I picked mine up; sunroof looked genuine to me.

Anyways; 1998 S1 R34 GTT, 100% stock, Grade 4.5 from Japan, Semi Auto, 38K kms for $28K flat... but I must say that there was a personal connection involved.

so r34 gTT s1 and s2 came in bayside blue but is very rare?

hmm interesting i wouldnt mind seeing one...

did everyone import there 34? or did dey buy from yard? im just too scared to pay for money for a car i havent seen...

also i got told by a dealer that sunroof was never an option that tehre all aftermarket, its a load of BS i reckon...

also i got told by a dealer that sunroof was never an option that tehre all aftermarket, its a load of BS i reckon...

very bullshit, my one had a sunroof...and it's fully detailed in my workshop manual

Don't know if you can just make it out in this picture...back when the car was N/A

The other pic is before and after bolt-on turbo (note intercooler) :)

1182100_0328.JPG

1182theredkrawler200408082012journalfile6.jpg

1182000_0021.JPG

so r34 gTT s1 and s2 came in bayside blue but is very rare?

hmm interesting i wouldnt mind seeing one...

did everyone import there 34? or did dey buy from yard? im just too scared to pay for money for a car i havent seen...

bought this 1 in last month for sau member ..2000 model

Read up on the auction processes over in Japan... all cars are pretty much scrutinized 3 times over - once by the dealer, then by the auctioneers, then by a technician.

If you are importing your 34 through a dealer though, make sure you have it written into the contract that you will only commit after seeing the car in true form.

Most will be OK with that because they are cars that they would import regardless of your purchase. Just lock your interest in with a small deposit and you should be fine.

PS: The sunroof is a standard feature - even the Glass has Nissan etched onto it.