SAU Community

Auto Electrician

Nah, i dont think the fact that it doesnt have a turbo means it drains power:)

Its all good pete, you know i love vtec and mivec! hmm was considering selling an getting a vti-r just like my bros. just alot of work and hassle.

Dayne

Not a problem:P I actually want your car, but.. i'd have to sell mine first and its just a pain in the ass.

Loved the flutter on friday when you were reversing, mate was giving it to me saying that my car should do it, it will soon enough providing i can find an engine that isnt rediculously overpriced.

How would you know if the kms are genuine?

I've seen rb20det's priced in at $3700 which is a complete joke is what im getting at.

Dont want an rb25, as the engine in it atm is rb20, so i just want a simple swap:)

Dayne

u currently have an RB20DE in your 33?

now im confused, i thought the use of RB20's ceased after the end of the 32s....or did someone do an aftermarket transplant?

dayne, i'd say go for the extra RB25...compensate for the extra weight of the whales..

HMm, yeah but its so easy for the swap... bolt out, bolt in:)

nah mate the rb20's are still going in 33's, aint that bad, still beats a the average lancer n shit, good first car.

I want the rb20 because one, i can afford it, two, i dont want to much power, three, i dont need 2 upgrade brakes or engineneer it.

Where as alot of work is required for the 25. Being only 17 i dont wana kill myself either.

I've seen how hard the 25's can go, and its really just too much for what i can handle at this point. If you can kinda see where im coming from. It wont be that bad anyway.

Dayne

The RB20DET with its cheap bits is a top idea.

The RB25DET is overrated anyhow, the torque difference isn't THAT huge. I borrowed Adams 33 last night, and while it was sweet and you could pick the torque- its wasn't the gap I expected (given how hard people cane RB20's on here.)

OR, build an RB30DET... mmmmmm Rb30.

The 150 odd kgs are nothing really - just up your boost a bit to compensate!!

More like 5.0 V8 beware, not lancers :P

How did I know you were going to pipe up once motors got mentioned!

The 33 was built for the 25 or the 26... Non of this 2lt crap! lol... Jokes

Torque to me about it on the street tony... lol

I'll prove you wrong steve about your 25/26 theory:P hehehe

Someone just help me find a rb20det now.. im not having much luck! Even though its a month away atleast at the present, it'd be nice to know where i could get one from..

Dayne