SAU Community

air filter

im a bit confused :confused: with filters now i want to keep my orig. air box it seams to be the a good option performance wise ,now so far i am looking at the followin flat panel.

apexi $100

nismo $160

k&n $120

and am wondering witch is better or if they are all the same.

I've heard Apexi panels are good. But you're probably better off getting a pod and sealing it while feeding it with a CAI pipe from the front of your car. Will make it much better - power wise and you should get better power economy too. Oh and its all legal! :)

ok i thought pods well some wernt legal so i didnt really consider it a option i have see some cai boxes well could you guys show me you cai setups so i can get some idea and what brands of pods a good

i know im going to get in trouble for this, but ive been wondering for a while....

why not just use the $29 ones from super cheap auto (they look exactly the same, even on close inspection!!)?? (ducks in readyness)

opps you say pannels, im thinking pods when i wrote that

Cut your airbox and run some CAI piping to it with a KnN hi flow panel filter, will do the trick very well :(

A pod filter with CAI and heat shielding may be slightly better but not noticeably and will cost you alot more than using your existing box and some home modifyin

im a bit confused :confused:  with filters now i want to keep my orig. air box it seams to be the a good option performance wise ,now so far i am looking at the followin flat panel.

apexi  $100

nismo $160

k&n $120

and am wondering witch is better or if they are all the same.

Where are you getting an Apexi Panel Filter for $100.00 ??

Interested as I'm going away from a pod and back to the box.

I've heard Apexi panels are good. But you're probably better off getting a pod and sealing it while feeding it with a CAI pipe from the front of your car. Will make it much better - power wise and you should get better power economy too. Oh and its all legal! :)

Pods are defectable because they're modified equipment.

Their legality has nothing to do with being boxed.

It just needs to be engineered.

i know im going to get in trouble for this, but ive been wondering for a while....

why not just use the $29 ones from super cheap auto (they look exactly the same, even on close inspection!!)?? (ducks in readyness)

Or a $12.50 original Nissan one...

its $40 on nengun and $60 delivered ,however seams quite cheap

Yep :uh-huh: I just ordered 2 APEXi ones from Brett !

SK, are those filters dry or oiled ? Could'nt see any info on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm also wondrin wat i shud do wit me air intake... was originally thinking of just stickin a K&N pod on the end, but am now feeding that wit some cai piping from the front. wud be grately for any pics ppl hav of their setups, or comments.

also, with some of the reading i've been doin, ppl suggest that just getn a good panel filter and puttin it in the stock airbox is good?