SAU Community

What do you think?? R32 GTS-t

Jadles_R32_GTS-t

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember even if k's are geunine they start to move around the 100,000 mark or there after. But 38,000 should match up perfectly on the odo.

I had a look at the odo and nothing was wrong the mech i brought along said there is no way the engine has done 38,000k but he doesn’t think it's gone over 70,000k.

But with that in mind I still bought him, handed the cheque over last night, I'm picking him up at lunch today.

Anyone know where I can get a 2-point immobiliser fitted to cover insurance until I get paid for a proper alarm, and how much $$$, I would say not too expensive as it will be ripped out in a few days.

NEED HELP

There is a HKS Automatic boost controller in the new car and it has a different measuring system to Aust. It's running about 3-4 p and that wont do so does any one have some web sites i can go to, I don't even know what model it is?? Or if anyone has run into this prob before.

NEED HELP

NEED HELP

There is a HKS Automatic boost controller in the new car and it has a different measuring system to Aust. It's running about 3-4 p and that wont do so does any one have some web sites i can go to, I don't even know what model it is?? Or if anyone has run into this prob before.

NEED HELP

what does it look like? can you get a pic?

what does it look like? can you get a pic?

I'll get one tonight. Thought of that when I put the message up!!

Never had a boost controller before so its hard to explain

It's got the guage with the 0.5, 1.0, 1.5 and has four buttons pwr, up, down and mode.

And on the left it has a screen and when I start the car it varies between -300 and up to -550 ????

When i press mode you can go up or down between 1.00 and .75

Wouldn't have a clue I'm going to take it to the mech I brought with me when I bought the car and see what he says?

i wuold also assume that .5 1.0 and 1.5 are BAR readings, .5 bar = ~7psi, 1bar = ~14.5psi and 1.5bar = ~22psi

i wuold also assume that .5 1.0 and 1.5 are BAR readings, .5 bar = ~7psi,  1bar = ~14.5psi and 1.5bar = ~22psi

So what I was thinking, when I press the mode it is currently on .99, so if i were to go down towards the .75 the psi would increase??? What do you think??

So what I was thinking, when I press the mode it is currently on .99, so if i were to go down towards the .75 the psi would increase??? What do you think??

no... if it is bar

.99bar = 14.35psi

.75bar = 10.87psi

Also, if you have the standard turbo, I would def not push it past 14psi...

no... if it is bar

.99bar = 14.35psi

.75bar = 10.87psi

Also, if you have the standard turbo, I would def not push it past 14psi...

Well at .99 the max boost going through is 3 - 4 so i figured if i go towards .75 it will increase the psi???

Also it only goen up to 1.00 max .75 min.

These Japs mechs have it backwards it seems to me or someone might have installed it wrong thats the reason I havent been touching it. What do you think???

looking at the interior pic of your car in the first post, is that it under the stereo? cant really make it out

HKS EVC III (or EVC 3)

Here's the feature list for the EVCIII:

- 3 boost settings: low, high, and manual. Low goes up to 1.0

bar (1.0 bar is 14.7 psi), high and manual go up to 2.0 bar.

- Digital boost meter, reading in bar only. Updates about 2 or 3

times per second.

- Boost is adjustable in one-hundredths of a bar (.01 bar/.147 psi)

- "Offset feature. Alters actual boost curve of turbocharger. This

feature gives you an adjustment window for the self learning boost

adjustment mode." I don't really understand what this is or how

it works.

- Scramble boost feature: allows you to increase boost above low/high

settings at the push of a button, for a given period of

time. You can specify how much boost increase you want and how

long you want it to last. There's a connector for an external

switch you can mount anywhere.

- Boost warning feature: you can set the warning threshold to whatever

amount you want (up to 2.0 bar) and if boost exceeds that level the

EVC will blink and beep, and will instantly return wastegate

operation to stock levels.

- Switch-configurable wastegate type (integral or external).

- Serial port: supposedly for interfacing with other HKS units

- Fuzzy logic: supposedly manages the wastegate better than straight

digital logic.

SBC is the scramble boost button - allows you to increase boost above low/high settings at the push of a button, for a given period of time. You can specify how much boost increase you want and how long you want it to last. There's a connector for an external switch you can mount anywhere.

Kind of like the 'overtake boost' feature of some of the newer units

English EVC III instructions, pdf, right click save as

just leave it oin low (14psi)

your HKS gauge is in the bar format as someone already mentioned, this is just in a different reading scale compared to PSI (1 bar = 14.5psi) therefore on a PSI gauge it would be at 14.5

Anyway, just keep it on low boost or below 14.5psi (which is below one bar on the gauge) and your car will be fine. You can determine what its hitting (maxboost) when you drive your car and give it a hit right up to redline, just watch the gauge... if its hitting over 14.5psi, try and get someone locally (like a shop) if you cant figure out how to turn it down.

Dayne

just leave it oin low (14psi)

your HKS gauge is in the bar format as someone already mentioned, this is just in a different reading scale compared to PSI (1 bar = 14.5psi) therefore on a PSI gauge it would be at 14.5

Anyway, just keep it on low boost or below 14.5psi (which is below one bar on the gauge) and your car will be fine. You can determine what its hitting (maxboost) when you drive your car and give it a hit right up to redline, just watch the gauge... if its hitting over 14.5psi, try and get someone locally (like a shop) if you cant figure out how to turn it down.

Dayne

It's not too high, its prob too low my mech and I almost red lined and he said it was running 3 psi, so I'm just Wanting to switch it up to see how he goes