SAU Community

PowerFC: Some DIY tuning comments please

why dont we share more maps?

mine are a little messy, these were getting around 240 rwkw on rb25 pretty rich

running a gt3076 hybrid .5 comp .73 exh

740cc, z33, normal mods 17psi

any constructive advice welcome, i'm still learning!

post-34685-1200755773_thumb.jpg post-34685-1200755548_thumb.jpg

post-34685-1200755823_thumb.jpg post-34685-1200755877_thumb.jpg

post-34685-1200755906_thumb.jpg post-34685-1200755938_thumb.jpg

post-34685-1200755990_thumb.jpg post-34685-1200756016_thumb.jpg

post-34685-1200756042_thumb.jpg

i dont run less ign timing, i run zero. so that whole top row under SETTING, IGN MAP is all 0's

i did it for a bit of fun. that row is only touched on gearchange or when you back off on the throttle.

ie at normal idle you are on P02 as there is airflow load. when you dump throttle or gearchange airflow drops to 0 or near zero so it hits row P01.

running 0 deg IGN timing makes the car pop, fart, backfire, crack so its just a bit of fun. i love it. everyone comments on how much my car pops, farts and backfires when driving around. i dont believe there is any other gain than noise to be honest :)

Power FC doesn't drop to PO1 on gear change, check your map trace

may i ask if you post your current tune with its fuel economy....

like you did before with the excel spreadsheet...please

its about the same - not much has changed

ive done some knocking fix but thats about it

the INJ map is still the same

im getting about 460kms on a full tank with city driving etc

why dont we share more maps?

mine are a little messy, these were getting around 240 rwkw on rb25 pretty rich

running a gt3076 hybrid .5 comp .73 exh

740cc, z33, normal mods 17psi

any constructive advice welcome, i'm still learning!

post-34685-1200755773_thumb.jpg post-34685-1200755548_thumb.jpg

post-34685-1200755823_thumb.jpg post-34685-1200755877_thumb.jpg

post-34685-1200755906_thumb.jpg post-34685-1200755938_thumb.jpg

post-34685-1200755990_thumb.jpg post-34685-1200756016_thumb.jpg

post-34685-1200756042_thumb.jpg

your IGN map under 3k looks fairly relaxed you should dial in some more IGN timing

will give the car some good response

I'd say there are two important factors in achieving the fuel range Paul is getting:

1. engine output. I think he is running under 200rwkW. "Normal" driving even with change ups under 4000rpm and not running big throttle settings will probably put through less mass air flow, requiring less fuel usage. That difference would be marked against your powerhouse. If Paul put up a chart showing AFM voltage output vs rpm for a typical city run it would show some good info.

2. whether the 460km is "with" city driving, or "predominantly" city driving. I can pull that sort of range with a little (lot) of luck, but have to be right out of the throttle. There is some interpretation in describing the use there. My fuel logs have been maintained meticulously over 30000km, and have an arithmetic average of 7.9km/l over that distance. So 400-410km per tank is the norm, with a fill being 50 litres plus/minus 2 litres.

no, nothing differently really, i drive fairly relaxed, 40psi at all 4 tyres, constant throttle (dont vary TPS lots while criusing)

02 feedback is on with default 02 co-efficient 1.047 from memory in datalogit and thats in

on light cruise on the INJ map im near 0.94x ish and sometimes lower

most people i see who get poo economy are still like 1.000 on light cruise on the INJ map which is stoich

i think i go near 16 AFR on light cruise, so that would explain some of it

do you guys suffer from a sligth gurgling and popping on overrun???

mine is doing this and occasioanlyy there will even be a slight backfire...new splitfires and copper plugs at 0.8...no atmo bov.

runs fine on dyno on power up but with slight open throttle then she has this issue...

do you guys suffer from a sligth gurgling and popping on overrun???

mine is doing this and occasioanlyy there will even be a slight backfire...new splitfires and copper plugs at 0.8...no atmo bov.

runs fine on dyno on power up but with slight open throttle then she has this issue...

Sounds like the TPS is set incorrectly; it should cut fuel on decel.

With the rb26 base map in mine I would get popping and farting between gearchanges and slight throttle inputs. The rb26 ign map runs bugger all ignition in the first couple of load rows. Pushing those back up to the norm completely removed the back fires and gurgle/pop with slight throttle input on decel.

• 3 years later...

I hope I don't get into shit for this but I'm bumping this up because there is some awesome content here and rather than start a new thread, I think people should share and ask here.

Anyhow I was just fiddling with my car which was suffering from lean pop. To get around this I just adjust my correction(it was around 0.98) to about 1.08 to 1.1. This got rid of my lean popping but I don't know if the lean pop is a sign of an issue or just due to the fact I am running Nismo 740cc injectors...

Further that, I would like to tweak some little things with my car before I go to get it tuned properly, just so I can learn some new things on the way. My car suffers from burble and spluttering on VERY light throttle regardless of gear. Chap above said to add more timing but as it stands I am currently not able to do any driving while logging thanks to the battery on my laptop being a bitch and not working so I need to always be near a power point. What cells are these which are often related to the cruising with tiny throttle?

welcome to 2008

use map tracer to find which cells you touch on light cruise

I'm currently getting about 370km to the tank of, I wouldn't say city driving, but normal street driving with the occasional squirt. Will increasing this light throttle send this to the shitter? I was looking back at your old figures for cruising AFR's and you say to run a little richer when above 80km/h so once I get, as VLT said, an inverter(rather than that, ill just get a laptop charger which can pump 4a and use that), ill get it on the road with a wide band and just have a f**k around with it. I'm not interested in touching any of the power cells, just the cruising and light load.

Ill put some screen dumps of my ignition timing and injector map as it stands.

Also I am running Nismo 740cc injectors, 55% correction and +10 latency.. Correct?

post-68383-0-54975300-1319810745_thumb.png

I don't have a wideband yet but I will be getting an AEM Uego unit hopefully tomorrow if this guy answers his phone!

I'm close to the money on the settings as it seems, maybe ill give it +14ms and tune from there.

At the moment, I am not doing anything fancy, just sorting out the pops and splutters on idle and cruising, so ill be adding more fuel rather than pulling which should be safe to do without a wideband. I just listen to it and when the pops are gone I know I'm done lol.

Quite interesting this tuning stuff.