SAU Community

Ceffy Question

Kaliber

Hi all, I am a new ceffy owner :P Got a few questions for you guys

1) Why does my ceffy have two throttles in the engine bay? My mate said it may have had cruise control but i couldn't find anything on the dash.

2) Is the ceffy actually wider than the sil? What offset is required for wheels to be flush with the guards?

3) Where can I get a kit?

and... 4) SR or RB20 for the conversion :( (I lost my lisence for 6 months so I got about 5k and 5 more months to make it into something decent ;))

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Im not looking for huge power as I have already lost my lisence once and the temptation would be even greater with a 25, just looking around 150-170rwkw which is quite possible with a near stock rb20, maybe with a tb25 turbo or something. That 5k wasn't justr for the engine btw :(

Im not looking for huge power as I have already lost my lisence once and the temptation would be even greater with a 25, just looking around 150-170rwkw which is quite possible with a near stock rb20, maybe with a tb25 turbo or something. That 5k wasn't justr for the engine btw :(

LoL, you will piss that in no worries.

Just go an rb20 then. Say aftermarket management. Go the rb25 turbo so it makes that power easier. FMIC, gearbox if yours is still auto etc.

Theres ya 5k...

Then spend whatever else you had on decent suspension. Springs that work (ie not too hard) all your sway bars, castor, camber, bushes, then get stuck in to the brakes etc. Have the whole package.

5k is a start.... but there's always more....

.... and then some more again lol...

i'd got the SR - lighter in weight, will help lighten front end of the car to reduce understeer...and more torquey. with a jap spec s15 turbo 200rwkw is achievable..

Yeah if you want response go the sr20 with the s15 BB turbo. too_much was pulling 190rwkw with his sil80 I believe.

You'll need a FMIC, fuel pump, injectors, tune ... plus engine plus gearbox.. hmm I think done right you could pull it under $5k.

I'd go the SR ... I would never ever put a rb20 into a cefiro.. if it alreayd had one in there then no worries.. but why would you put one in ? :D

Yeah if you want response go the sr20 with the s15 BB turbo. too_much was pulling 190rwkw with his sil80 I believe.

That's 197.7rwkw thankyou very much!.. on 12psi with factory ecu, injectors and afm!

will be interesting to see what it does on 16-17psi

3) Where can I get a kit?

and... 4) SR or RB20 for the conversion :) (I lost my lisence for 6 months so I got about 5k and 5 more months to make it into something decent :D)

Thanks for your help,

Chris

3) For a kit there are a few guys on NS.com (sponser section) selling kits.

4) i'd go a RB25, or SR20, just depends on what you want. SR for dorifto.

I was under the impression rb was:

+more powerful stock

+designed for the car

++cheaper

-older

-less torquey

sr's:

+newer

+torque

+lighter

+more aftermarket parts

-more expensive

-less base power

Won't be using the car for pure drift, maybe an event evey now and again. So many people seem to be against the rb :)

hey when you go from rb to sr did you have to change any of the mounts? did you buy them or fabricate? how is it done? also how much of a pain would it be to get your warning lights and speedo etc working? perhaps too much could enlighten us?? :)