SAU Community

Intercoolers, Which 1 !!!!

Hey all just thought id find out if anyone knew wat intercoolers are good and which ones are not, is PWR intercoolers any good? wat about HYBRID?? i was gonna get a PWR cooler but ppl say hybrid will do the job any info on which cooler would be best suited to my R33 would be a great help, im not using factory setup when i get cooler fitted a new plenum will be made and custom piping made.

depends how much power u wanna make. there are A LOT of fake hybrids going around. many peole say they do the same job as expensive coolers but if you are going to get custom piping made i would spend the little bit extra and get one of better quality

but if your cheap, like me, id get a cheap hybrid copy. im not after huge power so it should do the job

get a stock r33 or r34 gtr cooler. forget the custom plenum it wont make any different. save your money and buy something else. shortening the piping will make jack all difference

for $1000 id rather aftermarket ecu or suspension upgrade or some nice big lumpy cams or something that actually adds power. unless you have colour coded everything with new leads and tricked out the engine bay for full show comp then its not worth it.

yeah but im doing it one step at a time, and im in need of a bigger intercooler, so i thought id get it done right the first time rather than getting anything for now and having to change it again later

i will cost stuff all later to get the piping re worked to fit a new plenum

and judging by ur profile u r only 18 and thus won't be changing everyting at once, u probably won't be happy spending 2k on a cooler / plenum and noticing very little gains where as a cooler and PFC u should be stoked with the gains u recieve

Look in the parts for sale section there is often good brand name intercoolers in there for really good prices. I just got a HKS intercooler with piping for $600, had been on the previous car for only 6months.