SAU Community

RB20 HKS GT2510 v 2535

Yeah, done to death, I know.

I think I've read all the threads but I'm still not sure enough to put my money down.

I'd go for the 2530 for sure if one was available at the right price but I can buy a 2510 or 2535 now.

What is the boost threshold like for each turbo?

Will the 2510 hold boost to the redline?

Would a 2510 be that much better than a stock RB25 turbo if I limit boost to 1bar?

The car is pretty much just street driven so I want to keep it very driveable but I don't want to waste the mods I've already done.

3-3.5" exhaust

600x300x76 fmic

PFC

040 f/p

splitfire coils

What do you reckon?

i reckon dont waste your time with a 2510. the effort required to change the turbos doesnt justify the little bit of extra savings for a 2530.

before you go changing turbo make sure you've got all your other bases covered. you could get an exhaust manifold, dumppipe, cams, other things like that.

cheers

Linton

Why would you want to get a 2510 over a 2535? Are you worried about lag?

Ive driven a car with a 2510 ( CEFIRO ) a R32 with a 2530 and another cefiro with a 2540... believe it or not, the 2540 was hella responsive!!!

The 2530 was definatly the FASTEST BAD-ASS turbo of them all....

the cefiro... well i would use that for shopping since you wont be using the redline ( sarcasm) the redline sucks with a 2510.. not good for driftn, because when you drift/race you want as many RPM's as you can get whilst still maintaining the factory power curve ( ifnot better )

With my stock turbo boost starts to build at about 1800rpm and is nearly full boost 9psi by 2600rpm falling off a bit by 6000 rpm

I'd like to move the build up about 400rpm ie 2200-3000rpm and hold 1bar to 7000.

That should help keep it off boost in heavy traffic but still be responsive to bit of right foot.

I'm still thinking my best bet would be the 2530 but I'm not sure if it will boost that early on an rb20.

I've been told it should start boost about 2500rpm and be 1bar by 3500rpm which is still very responsive.

Would that be near the money?

What rpm would the 2510 run out of puff? 6500?

With my stock turbo boost starts to build at about 1800rpm and is nearly full boost 9psi by 2600rpm falling off a bit by 6000 rpm

I'd like to move the build up about 400rpm ie 2200-3000rpm and hold 1bar to 7000.

That should help keep it off boost in heavy traffic but still be responsive to bit of right foot.

I'm still thinking my best bet would be the 2530 but I'm not sure if it will boost that early on an rb20.

I've been told it should start boost about 2500rpm and be 1bar by 3500rpm which is still very responsive.

Would that be near the money?

What rpm would the 2510 run out of puff? 6500?

hks claim 6150rpm( you might aswell tell people you changed your car to a single cam LOL )

go 2530!

My turbo appears to be a 2510, makes 200rwkw no probs. Its struggling to make more, but the mid range punch at 1.3bar makes it quite fun to drive

I would sacrifice a bit of lag though for more top end any day though......

It does drop off after 6100prm, but this is more cam related I think, as the turbo is still making full boost.

Never been in a 2530 equipped RB20, if I where you I'd get the new 2530KAI, that would be perfect, or if you don't mind lag, a 2835ProS with a .63 exhaust housing

Mine has made 200rwkw at .9bar, and makes 208rwkw at 1.3bar, but I want to have a go at tuning it at 1.15bar and adding more timing, as I think it would make more power up top due to less boost/pressure in the exhaust housing

They are a good turbo though, I would probably rather a 2535, but seems most people are only making a few kW's more than my 2510, so its a bit of a hard call

my 2510 make full boost at just over 3600rpm in 4th gear :P