SAU Community

R34 GTT o2 Sensor Replacement

I get 250kms around town in the R33..and the pfc is tuned to 210 rwkw..

Maybe I need to get a o2 sensor too?

250km ????????????????

Im doing 370km and I reckon thats bad......dude I feel for you....how much do you spend on fuel a week ?

How many of you guys with bad economy are still running the stock computers?

The stocker responds to any extra boost by immediately enriching the fuel delivery.

Try disconnecting the O2 sensor and see how the economy goes. My GTR33 is better with the sensors disconnected.

If that fails start thinking a digital fuel adjuster or aftermarket management.

A SAFC should be able to lean things out a bit.

Geoff I would have thought the ECU should have displayed a fault code if you unplug it.

I've got a fully tuned pfc and it still chews the ass end out of the fuel tank.

Fully tuned? for what, biggest power delivery or easy cruising.

Its hard to tune for both I would think. Thats where nissan engineers design a happy medium. But as geoff said, You boost it up - the computer compenstates by throwing oodles of fuel at its problem....

Cheers

Sumo

The standard ECU is most likely to give you the best fuel economy out of any ECU, aftermarket or not as long as all sensors are working correctly and the numbers you are producing are realistic. I have a stock GTR with a chip I tuned at work it puts out 234rwkw at 12 pound and returns figures close to 500km per tank on the highway. In standard trim all nissan computers are extremely rich in the top end, this is most likely to be the cause of the build up on your bumper.

Try to remeber when deciding on who tunes your car that outright power is the easiest place to tune a car. The real furness is the light throttle tranistions, idle(not for nissans) and cruise; pretty much where most cars will drive the majority of their life.

My advice to you satanic would be to just replace the 02 sensor with the generic item.

Thanks for that advice Rob! Once I round up all the needed bits and pieces I shall do all the replacement / resetting - will keep ya all posted *Fingers Crossed*

A SAFC should be able to lean things out a bit.

Geoff I would have thought the ECU should have displayed a fault code if you unplug it.

No fault code and only 260rwkw on the stock computer with them unplugged.

Used 25L in 35km with them plugged in and less than 10L on the return journey. I drive sensible as well. No fines in over 10 years.

The standard computer is a known pig if the boost is bumped up. It's been covered many times. There are pitfalls with aftermarket but it lies in the tuning and the attention to detail of the tuner.

• 4 months later...

and did anyone find out if the GTT has a different 02 sensor? My engine light just came on. Diagnostic check tells me mine is dead. $180 for an original from Nissan is a bit expensive but I want to make sure I have one that works right.