SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, question for those in the know. i bought some R34GTT calipers and rotors from a SAU member. before i fit them il be looking to buy some braided lines and was wondering if after market braided lines to suit R34GTT would fit my S2 RS4-S with R34GTT calpers?

front brake Q: if im not mistaken the R34GTT skyline has a banjo fitting on a solid metal line had goes to the opposite side of the hub then turns in to a rubber line then back to a metal line on the body. now my stagea (looking though the wheel) has a banjo fitting to short rubber line to metal line to the opposite side of the hub then back to rubber line and then back to metal line on the body. now im wondering if i buy R34GTT braided lines, do they cancel out/replace the metal line and go from body metal line to the caliper un-interupted? or go i need to track down some R34 metal brake lines?

Cheers

I think you need 4WD lines to suit a 33gtr or something as they are longer/diff orientation to RWD. Send chuckie a PM, he got some braided lines made up for our RS4Vs, I'm running the single piece lines.

cheers mate, i guess the GTR/AWD thing makes sense. il have to contact those in the know.

u should just be able to go to any brake place and they can make up a custom line for you with different fittings both sides if need be, its around the $30 per line for the rubber ones and braided more obviously.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys I need some s2 rs4 front rotors, today. Where can I try in Adelaide? JIS said they can get some in 8 wks:(

Give GSL Rallysport a PM on the forum, they'll probably be able to do better than that!

Use the same as ur brakes end of story!

They are 12 years old and perishing rubber. its changes from metal fitting to rubber line that many times its ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

ok so front rotors - can anyone tell me either a part number or what will go directly on my s2?

really struggling to read through this thread as well as find anyone who knows/stocks things for my car...

thanks in advance for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm looking for a place that sells Dixcel rotors locally. I want to get Dixcel SD Rotors (Slotted) front and rear...Got quote $1055 (including shipping) from Greenline Motorsports...it's about $500 just for shipping alone

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, question for those in the know. i bought some R34GTT calipers and rotors from a SAU member. before i fit them il be looking to buy some braided lines and was wondering if after market braided lines to suit R34GTT would fit my S2 RS4-S with R34GTT calpers?

front brake Q: if im not mistaken the R34GTT skyline has a banjo fitting on a solid metal line had goes to the opposite side of the hub then turns in to a rubber line then back to a metal line on the body. now my stagea (looking though the wheel) has a banjo fitting to short rubber line to metal line to the opposite side of the hub then back to rubber line and then back to metal line on the body. now im wondering if i buy R34GTT braided lines, do they cancel out/replace the metal line and go from body metal line to the caliper un-interupted? or go i need to track down some R34 metal brake lines?

Cheers

I put my GTT calipers on my S2 a couple of days ago. I used the solid line that came with the calipers, re bent it a couple of mm and threaded it into stagea brake line block. No aftermarket lines needed.

Cheers

Justin.

i dont have the solid lines from the front calipers as stated above and i refuse to grind down banjo bolts to make standard front lines fit

considering how hard and perished my brake lines are and the effort im going too to improve braking it would be stupid to use 12yr old standard lines when i can get some brand new braided ones and be 100% confident in my braking system and also have a better brake feel at the pedal. the aftermarket R34GTT braided line kits come with a shorter metal bend at the end (not banjo fitting) which is less stuffing around, instead of me trying to source 33/34 front hardlines and use 32/33 GTR braided/standard line kits. also with either kits (34GTT or 33GTR) the rubber line, junction block and solid line to the rear calipers are eliminated for a single braided line. cheers anyway

Sorry if this has been answered, but haven't had time to read the thread properly. Just chasing part numebrs for front and rear brakes on a s1 rs4.

From the first post, am I right that pads are:

1250BP (F)

1144BP ®

And front rotors are same as S14 (DBA4909)?

Anyone have a part number for the rear rotors?

Just had to free off the piston in one of my rear calipers because it was rusty due to a small hole in the dust boot. Anyone know what, if anything is the same as Series 2 rear calipers, so I can find a rebuild kit ? 200sx maybe ?

Obviously the other alternative is R33 gtst rear brake set up, but it's a shame to spend and go to all that trouble when Series 2 rear discs are nearly as big as R33 rears anyway.

Edited by DeanR33

Scratch that. I've done some digging and realised that I have series 1 rear calipers and discs on my series 2. From what I've found, mine is not the only S2 to have this setup. Maybe the factory were using up components, who knows? anyway time for r33 upgrade methinks.

Scratch that. I've done some digging and realised that I have series 1 rear calipers and discs on my series 2. From what I've found, mine is not the only S2 to have this setup. Maybe the factory were using up components, who knows? anyway time for r33 upgrade methinks.

Why Waste MONEY doing that on Rear,

i did mine & couldn`t tell difference in stock to GTR setup ,

with fronts just get Sloted rotors & braided lines good pads & BRAKESTOPPER,

you spend $300+ on calipers & another $300+ on Rotors ,& still need to pads LINES & brakestopper ,so $10000 on brakes lol.

i spent $500 doing all mine & VERY HAPPY ,