SAU Community

Your ****en Kidding me

re2

You have got to be F U C K I N G KIDDING ME..

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/?/au/...sp?StockID=3310

http://www.japanautodirect.com/auto.specsh...heet.cfm?id=468

DOTSTAR

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/raws_online_guide.htm

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/Download/PDF/RAW...uide%20July.pdf

15. Damaged Vehicles

Crash damage or corrosion may affect continued compliance with the ADRs. This is especially so in the case of the occupant protection ADRs 69, 72 and 73. It is not possible for a RAW to provide a reasonable level of assurance that a crash damaged or corroded vehicle, where the structural integrity of the vehicle has been affected, complies with all of the applicable ADRs. Therefore, it is not permissible for a RAW to fit a used import plate to such a vehicle.

Before commencing compliance work each vehicle must be inspected by the RAW to check for crash damage, damage repair or corrosion that may affect the structural integrity of the vehicle. Records of this inspection are to be retained by the RAW and be made available to VSS inspectors upon request. (Regulation 57)

Crash damaged or corroded vehicles where the structural integrity may be affected must be re-exported or destroyed. It is expected that a RAW would take all reasonable steps to avoid importing a crash damaged or corroded vehicle.

The criteria below must be used as a minimum when deciding if crash damage or corrosion is likely to affect the structural integrity of the vehicle.

q Underbody damage which results in the:

Ø crushing of floorpan stiffening members,

Ø splitting of seam welds or

Ø tearing of the metal

q Damage to rocker panels (or outer sill) which result in:

Ø Dents to a depth of more than 25 mm

Ø Creasing, distortion of the sill weld

q Distortion to longitudinal rails affecting the front and rear crush zones.

q Collision damage to steering or suspension components.

q Damage to the vehicle’s outer body panels, which affect the integrity of any of the seams or joints installed by the vehicle manufacturer.

q Corrosion (rust) which has resulted in perforation or flaking of the metal.

When checking the condition of the vehicle the following items need to be inspected but not necessarily in this order:

q Engine compartment

q Right side

q Luggage cargo compartment

q Left side

q Underbody or chassis frame

q Passenger compartment

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

By the way this vehicle sold for 1,215,000 at Auction, Do the maths and you can work out what $$$ is been trying to be made out of this. And it wouldn’t surprise me if some commission is exchanged between dealer and broker, a common practice.

The rear has sustained damage?

Look at the photo of the engine bay near the firewall.

Jesus Christ thats SHOCKING !

How the f*** can a car like that be imported.

-trel.

A= Scratch

U=Pin Dent

B=Dent

W= Wave Mark.

Then 1-3 for severity.

Top right hand corner, R-0-1-5

Grade 5 : As new condition, no dents and scratches. [in other words, in prestigious condition. Usually reserved for cars less than a few years old] Grade 4.5 : Excellent condition, almost no dents and scratches. Grade 4 : Good condition, a few slight dents and scratches needing minor Attention. Grade 3.5 : Fair condition with some dents and scratches requiring repairs. Grade 3 : Average condition with obvious dents and scratches requiring extensive repairs. Grade 2 : Below normal condition. Grade 1 : Bad condition. Grade 0 : Accident car. Grade R : Accident car

Under neath this can be A B C D

This shows the condition of the interior.

A=Perfect

D=SHIT. Like a dog has lived inside the car for 2 years. Ok, reality. Expect interior to be in really bad shape. Cigarette burns on seats, shabby carpet etc

That’s the point.

IT CANT!

There is no chance that would get through a compliance shop and if it did, that compliance shop if found out would be up for massive fines, and possible lost of RAWs.

A compliance workshop wouldn’t risk it.

yeah.. would agree thats pretty dodgy car.. which would be knocked back..

I mean anybody with some knowledge, would not even bother .. but somebody trying to save some bucks, or with not knowledge of the import process may easily be taken in with something like that.

Bit disappointing!

as an example - my mate has a quite clean R33 Black GTR Vpsec which will be up forsale soon for about $33k.. This is *not* a dodgy car, and has been in the country for a few years.

I have another example.

Just look around to see who are have displayed this car on there website. Its not difficult. I know of two brokers.

Our main Brokers here have been in this game long enough to know by now the cars that come on Japan Auto Direct are most likely crap. Japan Auto Direct mostly buy the cheapest cars [R grade] which don’t have much of a bidding war on at auction so they get them cheap and then sell with quiet a mark-up for export.

I might not work in this industry but if I have access, to websites, which display auction reports history, I don’t know why our brokers here, don’t do the same to rat out the crap, that is rampant.

Isn’t that what we pay them for? Too look out for us, with the wealth of invaluable knowledge that they have gained through years and years in the industry?

I don’t mean to make it an agenda, I just don’t want to see someone importing a car, then finding out that it has to be crushed or re exported, a complete lost of $$$$ to the client. And then to hear the broker say, “Sorry not much I can do about it when the dealer in Japan failed to past the information onto me.”

Btw the car below was bought for 160,300 at auction. Do the maths!

hmmm interestin.. the car is only worth about 2000 dollars max.. gettin it here another 2000 or so.. So say under 5000 all up, excludin complicance, coz that cant be done coz of the state of the car..

Now what i wanna know is, b4 crushing the car into bits, can you resell most of the parts?? Can make some profit right??

hmmm interestin.. the car is only worth about 2000 dollars max.. gettin it here another 2000 or so.. So say under 5000 all up, excludin complicance, coz that cant be done coz of the state of the car..

Now what i wanna know is, b4 crushing the car into bits, can you resell most of the parts?? Can make some profit right??

maybe you're thinking it works like that, but unfortunately it doesn't... you can't import a whole car for parts anymore apparently..

but it would go for more than $2000 in japan (even for parts maybe), thats the thing. Its just that the rules are now very restrictive here... and ANY structural damage will get the car knocked back (which means it has to be destroyed i am pretty sure, *without* you having any access to it at any stage) Many of our cars on the roads would have worse damage and still driving around, being sold, etc every month.

It really is bullshit the way they go on, I mean really, you've forked the money out for it, the least the government should allow you to do is salvage what you can. just another case of them "protecting the local car industry". yeah right. more like protecting their party funding. wankers. who do they represent again? the public? oh sorry, forgot.

to ask a stupid question, what exactly am i looking for on that GTR? can someone do like a pic with arrows or something? i mean i see the rust, but it doesn't look that bad to me. wouldn't set alarm bells ringing anyway.

I gotta agree tho there are plenty of cars driving around in australia that have have rear ends and shit welded back on. alot worse than some of the bingles that these cars have seen!

I have another example.

Just look around to see who are have displayed this car on there website. Its not difficult. I know of two brokers.

Our main Brokers here have been in this game long enough to know by now the cars that come on Japan Auto Direct are most likely crap. Japan Auto Direct mostly buy the cheapest cars [R grade] which don’t have much of a bidding war on at auction so they get them cheap and then sell with quiet a mark-up for export.

I might not work in this industry but if I have access, to websites, which display auction reports history, I don’t know why our brokers here, don’t do the same to rat out the crap, that is rampant.

Isn’t that what we pay them for? Too look out for us, with the wealth of invaluable knowledge that they have gained through years and years in the industry?

I don’t mean to make it an agenda, I just don’t want to see someone importing a car, then finding out that it has to be crushed or re exported, a complete lost of $$$$ to the client. And then to hear the broker say, “Sorry not much I can do about it when the dealer in Japan failed to past the information onto me.”

Btw the car below was bought for 160,300 at auction. Do the maths!

heres another 1

auction result ...accident car

1998 SKYLINE 2D GT TURBO Manual 5 Speed 43,000km black A

1,138,000YEN

bit disapointing seeing accident cars being promoted after eveyone going thru the whole RAWS/SEVS crap to stop it...nice margin though...y310,000 fob charge

post-7472-1123158074.jpg

Please do that.

:(

There is a new website coming out soon, which will offer great services, to help protect buyers from this crap.

Anton from JAD knows me (well, he might remember me), so its wouldn't work to well without me signing up for some annonymous email account which I CBF'ed doing :O