SAU Community

WARNING - Car Jacking

Warning05

Damn, that's just crazy. glad to hear you got out of it ok! I gotta say it must be luck of the draw. I walked around Sydney centre for 2 days, for a few hours each night, and never saw anything to make me think twice. saying that, I'm now freaking about taking my car down to bris next week.

Maaaan arseholes like that piss me right off!!!! who the F*^K do they think they are.... been watching too much tv methinks. Australia is getting more and more like the cesspools of America thanks to these wannabes.

I seriously doubt that any kind of tint could stop a bullet! I think the minimum depth of bullet proof "glass" is about 10mm and the stuff costs a mint, so it's not really a viable option on any modern car.

I guess the only viable, cheap option on a modern car would be a seriously loud horn/siren ie loud enough to blow their f**king eardrums out. how cool would that be. Or you could rig up some kind of cap-spray style device that f**ks em up. but how you would prevent the spray getting into the cabin would be a pretty big issue. the Flame Throwers were in South Africa  - the bmw's came (come?) with nozzles that protrude out from under the doors. at least that was the story. Now that's the shit right there.

I'm pretty sure i could rig up some awesome napalm sprayers :( Would give some bastard the shock of his quickly-diminishing life... Even some kind of electrified door handles... haha man you could go so far with these kind of ideas! OMG AND THEN I CAN PUT A .50 CAL MACHINE GUN ON MY CAR (anyone remember Interstate 76?).

Back on topic, we can't really let fear stop us from driving our cars. I would imagine BMW, Ferrari and Porsche drivers would have it much worse, and there are loads of them on the roads everyday.

Personally my defense would be to loudly shout out how crap my car was. Here's how it'd go:

Carjacker: "I got a gun, get out of the car!"

Me: "ITS NOT A TURBO AND ITS NOT REALLY FAST AT ALL!"

Carjacker: "I don't care get out of the f**king car!"

Me: "ITS WORTH ELEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!"

Carjacker: "Get out of the god damn car!"

Me: "THERE IS ALSO A CREAK WHEN I GO OVER BUMPS!"

*carjacker leaves*

Think that would work? :O

Lachie

I'm not sure about the locking doors thing though.. when I think about it... on one hand its a good prevention for car jacking, but say if you have a serious car accident and you pass out or something and people can't open the car door to save your life... I spose they can always get the jaws of life but these things take time.. tough call.

Wow man bad news but at least you got away safely in the end.

In the recent months I have been going out I've had enough trouble on foot...

This has made me wonder about what would happen in cars...

I mean if they had persued you, someone could of lost their lives - Murder... now that is just sick in my thoughts.

Just wanted to say I'm happy for you that you are alive and well and nothing bad happened apart from a shock. But the warning is there and people need to take care.

I don't know what I'd do if that were to happen to me.

.Keep safe.

daz

• 3 weeks later...