SAU Community

licencing and roll cage

my '32 arrives next week and my main issue with licencing is the full roll cage which it will have in it, id like to keep it for structural reasons and for my own safety :):D

this is mainly directed at everyone in Perth as the licencing over here is/could be quite different to that of the other states.

A friend of mine went over the pits the other day with his '33 and the guy said you can get a permit for it but it will have to be licenced as a 2 seater, for obvious reasons as the bar goes across the rear seats etc.

anyone have any information??

thanks in advance.

Shaun

true, hence the need for padding.

although whacking your head into a bar with inch thick padding aint going to do squat to cushin the blow.

Shaun

Originally posted by RadiuM

true, hence the need for padding.

although whacking your head into a bar with inch thick padding aint going to do squat to cushin the blow.

Shaun

exactly.. unless u drive around with a helmet id take it out.. it looks cool but if u ever smashed i doubt u would enjoy the crushed skull ud most prob have

Many years ago, I had a 180B SSS, which ended up with a roll cage. I found out 6 months after 'renewing' the insurance (thru a broker) that it wasn't insured because no-one would insure it with the roll cage. Something else to consider.