SAU Community

Oz vs. Japs  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't read your whole post, but I just want to say that you really need some help. You admitted earlier that you are a bullshit artist.

Dont bother replying to me this is the last time I will bother replying to your posts. I dont have as much time to write on forums as I would like to. But when you said to have your say on whatever this thread was about I replied as I thought I had something to contribute to the discussion, only to later find out i'd become a part of your childish game.

I dont have time for people like you, i'm sorry.

Graham

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't read your whole post, but I just want to say that you really need some help. You admitted earlier that you are a bullshit artist.

Dont bother replying to me this is the last time I will bother replying to your posts. I dont have as much time to write on forums as I would like to. But when you said to have your say on whatever this thread was about I replied as I thought I had something to contribute to the discussion, only to later find out i'd become a part of your childish game.

I dont have time for people like you, i'm sorry.

Graham

Well, this thread just got a second chance of life.Haha.

318kw is that the rear wheels, if it is then I'm not terribly impress, if it was 318kw/rear wheels, then it's another story, on that note, well we skyline ppls have been, turning over those nunbers for a good decade now, or so, it no great feat in anyone eyes, shit, my 2.61L out the front, under the trees turns over larger numbers at the treads.

Btw running 6psi or 20psi makes no difference in my books. It's like rooting a decent chic and a really good looking chic, if your happy with decent, then you only have yourself to blame.

Well, this thread just got a second chance of life.Haha.

318kw is that the rear wheels, if it is then I'm not terribly impress, if it was 318kw/rear wheels, then it's another story, on that note, well we skyline ppls have been, turning over those nunbers for a good decade now, or so, it no great feat in anyone eyes, shit, my 2.61L out the front, under the trees turns over larger numbers at the treads.

Btw running 6psi or 20psi makes no difference in my books. It's like rooting a decent chic and a really good looking chic, if your happy with decent, then you only have yourself to blame.

If you want to laugh at 318rwkw for just over $30k at 6psi of boost (including cars purchase price) then sure go ahead, but for your boost remark I don't know what you're trying to say but I think you're implying something about my engine capacity by using the term 2.6L. For every 14 pounds of boost you run, you are gaining 1.2L over my engine capacity. So that means for every 14psi boost you run, you're doubling it, making it a 5.2L. So yes even though you're thinking 'what bullshit, join the 6L club', before you know it, you've already joined it. So yes, boost does mean something for anyone who knows a little about cars, not people who know about rooting dodgy chicks. And by the way (whoever is questioning my power levels), yes I have increased my torque by over 100%, and my power by a little closer to 85% than 35%. Mostly tuning and not bolt on grunt has granted me this huge torque figure, unfortunately all this power is no good if you can't put it down to the road which is an issue for me, so I've turned the initial torque down in order to keep it to the road. But I squeezed open the throttle the other day to about 140kmh then nailed it and still broke traction (so if you're jealous of this torque figure, don't be). If you're still thinking this is bullshit, then tell me and I'll start from the basics about how a chassis dynamometer works. BTW, all of the power figures I use are at the wheels.

Edited by Falcon XR6T

Wow didn't this thread get out of hand!

Just thought I might bring this to your attention:

1035 hp XR6 Turbo

And one other thing, I beleive you when you talk about your track day success, but how much of the lap time advantage do you think was made up on the straights? Not in anyway challenging the handling of the XR6T, as I have never driven one and hence can't comment, but curious about your opinions.

Cheers all

Wow didn't this thread get out of hand!

Just thought I might bring this to your attention:

1035 hp XR6 Turbo

And one other thing, I beleive you when you talk about your track day success, but how much of the lap time advantage do you think was made up on the straights?  Not in anyway challenging the handling of the XR6T, as I have never driven one and hence can't comment, but curious about your opinions.

Cheers all

yeah thats nizpro's engine...its been around for ages now...such an animal on the dyno

XR6T. I'm lost for words, in regards to your explaination of static capacity.ummm.lol.

I think you better dig around and learn a few things before you go quoting unsubstantiate mathematical formulaes, Apart from that keep up the good work at misreading ppls post. Maybe you should slow down and comprehend what the original postee wrote before you reply in an obscure-unconstruct argumentive sort of reply.

Truely I'm not trying to be smart, but you have to construct your arguments/replies in a factual coherent way, so that ppls can substantiate what you're claiming, failing that, your replies have no impact or credibility.

Edited by hungry6

XR6T. I'm lost for words, in regards to your explaination of static capacity.ummm.lol.

I think you better dig around and learn a few things before you go quoting unsubstantiate mathematical formulaes, Apart from that keep up the good work at misreading ppls post. Maybe you should slow down and comprehend what the original postee wrote before you reply in an obscure-unconstruct argumentive sort of reply.

Truely I'm not trying to be smart, but you have to construct your arguments/replies in a factual coherent way, so  that ppls can substantiate what you're claiming, failing that, your replies have no impact or credibility.

??? And you said you were lost for words. You must be specific if I am to learn from my so called mistakes by replying to peoples posts, if you just tell a child he's bad all his life how is he supposed to learn from what he's done wrong? If I'm so childish that is, you may want to use the above formula to teach me.

for the record

well i bought a ba xr6t ute and an xrt8 ute when they first came out, both as my company vehicles.

i put a vortex supercharge on the xr8 which made about 335rwkw, pity the rest of the car could not handle it!

the xr6t was okay but to heavy & to slow, poor brakes and very ordinary transmission, these cars really do leave alot to be desired after owning them a while. i have since sold both but did keep the xr8t for a while.

required brake replacements on the front on both cars, radiator on the xr6t and a diff, also a few plugs had melted together on the xr6t. one other thing every now and again the car would missfire on start up and blow the a few pipes off, which is a very well know issue with them.

but as far as either of them even getting remotely close on the track to a properly midly modded gtr which i bought around the same time, you would be kidding yourself.

i have raced plenty of turbo fords this year on different tracks and none have come close to beating me or half the other cars entered competition.

all a ba turbo ford is, is a fast family taxi.

for the record my car has 365kw 's at 4 wheels on standard n1 turbos & more importantly above 240 4 wheel kw's from 3600rpm to 8200rpm.

10.85 at 132mph at w.s.i.d

this car is an 1989 model gtr that a paid 20 grand for.

1 min 34 around winton with only four laps, no practice & never been there before.

beat only by peter fitzgerald in a beautifully modified gt3 porsche and another gtr.

airport timed 800 meter runs gtrs filled nearly all top eight positions.

sorry for the rave but the cars a worlds a part.

cheers Russell

If you want to laugh at 318rwkw for just over $30k at 6psi of boost (including cars purchase price) then sure go ahead, but for your boost remark I don't know what you're trying to say but I think you're implying something about my engine capacity by using the term 2.6L. For every 14 pounds of boost you run, you are gaining 1.2L over my engine capacity. So that means for every 14psi boost you run, you're doubling it, making it a 5.2L. So yes even though you're thinking 'what bullshit, join the 6L club', before you know it, you've already joined it. So yes, boost does mean something for anyone who knows a little about cars, not people who know about rooting dodgy chicks. And by the way (whoever is questioning my power levels), yes I have increased my torque by over 100%, and my power by a little closer to 85% than 35%. Mostly tuning and not bolt on grunt has granted me this huge torque figure, unfortunately all this power is no good if you can't put it down to the road which is an issue for me, so I've turned the initial torque down in order to keep it to the road. But I squeezed open the throttle the other day to about 140kmh then nailed it and still broke traction (so if you're jealous of this torque figure, don't be). If you're still thinking this is bullshit, then tell me and I'll start from the basics about how a chassis dynamometer works. BTW, all of the power figures I use are at the wheels.

318rwkw on 6psi boost? thats nice, what boost do the XR6T run standard? what other mods do you need to get 318rwkw out of a XR6T on 6si boost?

318rwkw on 6psi boost? thats nice, what boost do the XR6T run standard? what other mods do you need to get 318rwkw out of a XR6T on 6si boost?

Factory the XR6T runs 6psi boost, modifications include bigger valve springs, bigger injectors, perfomance exhaust, C.A.P.A Ford Flash tuner, new cat converter. These cars make power extremely easily, on a racetrack with these modifications the car is excellent. At public road speeds, nail it and all it does is hang the back out all day, you will have trouble getting traction until around 160km/h on street tyres. On 9psi I made 339rwkw which was impressive I thought.

for the record

well i bought a ba xr6t ute and an xrt8 ute when they first came out, both as my company vehicles.

i put a vortex supercharge on the xr8 which made about 335rwkw, pity the rest of the car could not handle it!

the xr6t was okay but to heavy & to slow, poor brakes and very ordinary transmission, these cars really do leave alot to be desired after owning them a while. i have since sold both but did keep the xr8t for a while.

required brake replacements on the front on both cars, radiator on the xr6t and a diff, also a few plugs had melted together on the xr6t. one other thing every now and again the car would missfire on start up and blow the a few pipes off, which is a very well know issue with them.

but as far as either of them even getting remotely close on the track to a properly midly modded gtr which i bought around the same time, you would be kidding yourself.

i have raced plenty of turbo fords this year on different tracks and none have come close to beating me or half the other cars entered competition.

all a ba turbo ford is, is a fast family taxi.

for the record my car has 365kw 's at 4 wheels on standard n1 turbos & more importantly above 240 4 wheel kw's from 3600rpm to 8200rpm.

10.85 at 132mph at w.s.i.d

this car is an 1989 model gtr that a paid 20 grand  for.

1 min 34 around winton with only four laps, no practice & never been there before.

beat only by peter fitzgerald in a beautifully modified gt3 porsche and another gtr.

airport timed 800 meter runs gtrs filled nearly all top eight positions.

sorry for the rave but the cars a worlds a part.

cheers Russell

Well done, your my hero. :P

I like the falcons, and a few of australia's other muscle cars.

For their price they are great, but they lack so much in so many areas.

In the latest Motor BFYB, (all of) the fords had the slowest cornering speed of all the cars. The were heavy, soft, their body flexes as a result.

In a straight line, they are great, but beyond that, they are just another (much better built than previous) taxi with a body kit and a v8, or in this case a turbo.

• 8 months later...

appologies for resurecting an old thread that is 90% gobshite, but I just have to put in my 2cents worth.

I had a BA MK2 XR6T from brand new (Oct 2005) for six months. Nice enough car, but nothing special.

I am now back to driving my Jap spec 1989 Galant VR4. It's faster and handles better. and it cost less than 1/4 the price of the turbo taxi.

Oh and the Galant has things like Climate Control A/C standard.

Yep, the locals still have a looooooong way to catch up.

Edited by PTR33

I find it amazing how a guy who has purchased a brand new Ford XR6T and has modified it, is proud of the fact that it can beat a stock 10-15 year old Japanese car. Despite what he says, the fact that he feels the need to come on here and boast to us about his car shows that he feels threatened by the almighty GTR.

Wait until the new GODZILLA comes out, then we will have a fair comparison between cars