Please...

Marsss

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's one for ya. I was in a service station the other day and was approached by a guy who asked me if I might be able to help him fix a problem with his GT-R. No problems !!

I drove over to where he was parked and parked next to him and had a quick glance at the car as I got out of mine. A dark blue R32 GT-R..... No worries....... We started talking about the problem ( engine idle hunting ) and I said, no worries, let's start by looking for the obvious things.......open the bonnet and we'll have a look. He pulls the latch and I open the lid and put the stay rod in place only to see an RB20DET  :P 

I stick my head around the side of the car and notice that the gaurds are GTS ones. Then I look at the compliance plate and notice that it has the following engraved upon it "GT-R" right next to the VIN which says HCR32XXXXX

( I won't say who did the compliance / engraving but it was a pretty well known import car seller in Sydney ).

Shortly after explaining to this guy that he actually owned a GTS-T, not a GT-R and what the differnces are between the two this guy freaked out. He told me that he thought he scored a GT-R for great $'s ( he paid $19,600 ) and then shortly thereafter, he went totally red, jumped in his car and took off.

He had the GT-R badge, wheels, wing and front bumper and was convinced she was an "R" so not all people are tossers. There's at least one person out there who just didn't know.

And if you're part of this forum mate, I'm sorry I had to break it to ya and all the best getting you're $'s back.

i am in hysterics. i cannot stop laughing. this is the funniest post i have ever read. rukus if your on here i suggest you dont read that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whaddaya mean it's an eight-five?? :O

Seriously though, that bites the big one. Poor bloke. Caveat emptor sure but the Trade Practices Act should see him get his money back. It's so hard to comprehend that there are yards out there doing that to people just because they can.