SAU Community

My System..

melbmaniac

thing I used to do for comp cars was have the second battery isolate with the key off. that way you could run the stereo into the ground and still start the car.

if you go this route make both batteries the same size.

Hey

Chris Rogers i may be going down that path later on, next year sometime :) thanks for that advice i will keep it in mind

I will probably go for the optima yellow top D34 and im unsure on the 'cap' issue as there are mixed opinions on this thread...

get the battery first...

a cap is like a big power storage tank.

when a big bass note hits and it uses lots of power, the cap is there to make sure there is no misses, ie make sure there is power ready for the next bass note so you dont get a loud bass note, then the next one is soft.

you need the battery to actually fill the cap up with power, if you dont have a battery big enough to do that then the cap will just drain more power from the battery and your system wont work well at all...plus you'll get dimming lights etc etc

get the battery...

i have seen 100s of very high power systems running a D34 with no cap the lights might dim a bit, but the system wont miss a beat

dan