SAU Community

Sick Of Today Tonight Viewers!!

Driver

I am extremely pissed off with people thinking that if you drive a sports car your a hoon.

Over the weekend I was driving up towards my mates street doing about 40-45km an hour, not in any hurry what so ever in a 50 zone when I go past a house with a bunch of family's out the front chatting or whatever they do best. One of the dad's yells out at me "Slow down you bloody hoon!".

I saw red.

I hit the brakes reversed and gave this guy a guy a damn good lecture (no verbal abuse as that just makes you look worse), I had just had it with people like this. He was so embarrassed at the end of it, and ended up apologising.

but yeah anyway - thats my bitch for this month.

should have layed a nice strip on his grass or somthing, then asked him if he wanted a drag. and since all car enthusists deal drugs and women, you should have asked him if he wanted to buy some drugs and sell his daughter to you.

ive gotten shit from oldies, and i was only cruising past. there hear a loud ehuast and think you are street racing.

Edited by PHATR32

I had the exact same situation near my place not long ago. Doing literally UNDER the 50km/h speed limit (yes, it rarely happens) this guy unloading bags from his car turns around and waves a bag on the road yelling slow down!

I flipped out. Stopped the car. Reversed up to him and started yelling at him HAVE U GOT A RADAR HUH? Well MATE i was goin under 50! Just cos it's loud doesnt mean it's goin fast eh!

It was at this point he pulls his police badge from his pocket and says "Just slow down"

I say "to what? walking pace"

The next bit was pretty cool - a modded WRX fly's in the opposite direction doing at least 90+ in a 50 zone and I say to him "Don't stereotype me into HIS category"

And I drove off. (Needless to say my butt kissed satin when he pulled out his badge but I knew i was in the right anyway!)

should have layed a nice strip on his grass or somthing, then asked him if he wanted a drag. and since all car enthusists deal drugs and women, you should have asked him if he wanted to buy some drugs and sell his daughter to you.

ive gotten shit from oldies, and i was only cruising past. there hear a loud ehuast and think you are street racing.

pmsl

Haven't had this before, although you do get "looks".

I haven'y had abuse or looks

but I did have some random commonwhore driver yell "Fag" at me while I was walking home one day...I had to do a 180 spin to see if anyone else was around he migh thave been yelling at, but no it was me :P

what a tard, it was completely random

Edited by Topaz

i had that in mandurah once.. me in my skyline, mate in his wrx, and another friend in his turbo leone (low 12 second car..) a commodore *passenger* was walking back to his car.. got in, told his mate to go quickly, and yelled out 'get a real car dickheads!'

yes, an old V6 commodore is a great car....

and another time driving down scarb. beach road at about 10pm on a thursday night, cops sitting on the car dealerships side of the road, i was doing probably 55 in a 60 zone... one of them yells out 'SLOW DOWN YOU IDIOT'....

haha too right, my mate has an RS liberty turbo with a nice big exhaust, he doesnt often speed but his exhaust is soo loud like a WRX that older members of the community always stare him down.

and yeah lol i love when a bogan in a VL has a go at "shitty jap cars" especially skylines lol...shows just how much they know about theyre own beasts

back when i was getting riding lessons i used to pass this cross walk attendant outside a school almost every time. NEVER speeding but he would always stand half out on the road motioning me to slow down. really pissed me off but i limited myself to smiling and shaking my head at an obviously sad and bitter old man.

I was dobbed into the cops one time apparently by my neighbours in my street cos i was driving too fast. Back when the speed limit was 60kmh, i live in a cul-de-sac by the way, and there was no chance i could get up to 60 by the end anyway in my old bunky car

HAHAHA, I had some old irish dude tell me im a f**king idiot because I changed lanes about 50meters ahead of him as I was coming to a stop at a set of lights, he wouldn't let up! I just ignored him and laughed