SAU Community

Alternator Whine

Ruffels

hey guys

i just installed my whole system... 12" and amp in boot and speakers in the car... the front speakers are amped

anyways the front speakers have a whine coming from them and its really annoying....

does anyone else have this problem... or know how to fix it?

cheers

-Ruffels

power wires?

its a 33... the battery is in the boot

only thing i can think of is that my power wire for my underbodies are running along side the speaker wires ans rca's.... dont know if it makes a difference.. but its only a small power wire.. no bigger then the remote wire

are the rca leads which are coming out of your head unit to + terminal on your battery running down the same side as that of the front speaker wires? If so then run your speaker wires on one side and rca leads on the other side as this is what is causing your car to whine. the whining pitch gets matches your throttles? ie if you rev your car the pitch gets louder?

Hi there..

Am going through a similar problem myself at the mo (although i'm using an R32)... I have posted in this forum (noise question i think is the subject title).. anyway, if you want some things to try and help you get to the bottom of it, read the other forum i have been posting in, there are heaps of guys trying to help me through troubleshooting it and im sure a lot of the same procedures could work for you (although i still haevnt solved mine yet).... go here:

http://forums.nzicemag.co.nz/viewtopic.php?t=4971

Hope that helps dude.. good luck with it, its a nightmare...

damo

thanks Damo Monster :D

Nozilla... i dunno what u mean about the rca from the head unit going to the positive on the battery lol..... however yes i have run the two wires together...... i ran them together down the centre and under the console .... so the rcas and speakers wires are together yes ... do u think i should seperate them?

-Ruffels