SAU Community

Intercooler For R34 Gtt Tiptronic/auto

darn756

Hey,

Just got my 2001 R34 GTT, bought a tiptronic as the price was too good to pass up & find it very responsive.

I want to fit a front mount and im just wondering if anyone else has done this. If so did you have to move the transmission cooler & was it easy to do.

Cheers

What size intercooler did you get Adam? And did you have to spend heaps of time getting all the crap out at the front of the car?

I'm planning on doing it soon, just need to shop around and pick up a decent kit - installation will be done by a few mates so that should be ok!

Hey,

Just got my 2001 R34 GTT, bought a tiptronic as the price was too good to pass up & find it very responsive.

I want to fit a front mount and im just wondering if anyone else has done this. If so did you have to move the transmission cooler & was it easy to do.

Cheers

I fitted a 600x300x75mm FMIC (r33 style) about a month ago, i didn't have to move the trans cooler just flipped the sensor that sticks out however the wiper watertank needed to be moved since the piping for the right side needs to go through the body there. take a look at some of pics after it was done:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802508

best bet is to go for a kit made for the rb25det since both in the in/out pipes will go done one side through the stock pipe holes, eliminating alot of work.

Hey,

Cheers

Hey. I just fitted mine last weekend. I didnt have to move the trans cooler but i had to move the horns and take a small "V" shaped cut just below the bonnet clip thing (if that makes sense). I fitted a 600x300...

I also had to take my fog lamps out as the piping was got in the way.

The hardest part i found about the whole exersise was getting the spolier off :-)

If you wanna know what kit i used and what i paid etc PM me.

good luck!

I used Bob's instructions and fitted the same cooler, I didn't move the trans cooler as I shortened the piped underneath the transcooler slightly and tilted it back a little. Mine sits up a little higher than Bob's but not a lot. I did have to move my horn(s) - wtf there was two? A days work with a bit of help from some mates.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have to move my transmission cooler either... but both my horns and the temp sensor had to be relocated.

No one has mentioned what they did with the windscreen washer bottle.. my one doesn't fit no more :P Anyone got suggestions?

Also, those using the stock airbox would have discovered that the snorkel doesn't fit. Thanks to El Bee, I solved this problem.

All of it is documented in my Blog entry... all the photos will be uploaded there in due course :)