SAU Community

Getting 200kw on a GTR at all 4 wheels

Guys,

I have just had my R32 GTR dynoed on a two wheel dyno, actually the same one as vspecv has had his cars on, and made 240 rear wheel kilowatts.

My mods are as follows......

Trust Airinx Filter Kit

Trust MX front Pipes

3" Hi Flow Cat

Buddy Club Racing Spec III Exhaust

HKS Cam Gears

1.1 Bar Boost

Factory Computer remapped by Jap Company

My car is still running standard turbo's and injectors.

Also, something to note.....

The difference between rear and four wheel drive dyno's when doing GTR power runs is not hugely different. I know of two different GTR's that have been run on a four wheel drive dyno and then on a two and have only made around 15kw more on the two wheel dyno.

Also, I personaly do not think a GTR on a four wheel dyno is going to loose 40-45% through the drive train, that is a massive loss!! I have been told by people in the industry that the figure is actually quite small......more like 15-20%.....But again, I could be wrong.....how would you ever know unless you had the motor out on a engine dyno first.

I saw an R32 get dyno'ed on the Tafe Dyno in Melb. It had some basic mods and got 172Kw through the 4 wheels, he pulled the fuse and run again and got 205 kW. That’s a 20 % increase in power. I use that as an example because I saw it with my own two eyes.

R32 rear wheels only, I can agree with a 15-25% loss.

R32 & R33 4 wheels, I say with confidence 35-45% loss.

I watched a 100km old 225Kw SS commodore get dyno'ed the other day. 179kw @ the rears. 225kw with a 20% loss is 180kw so I say that would be a good yardstick as well.

Hi,

Just some info on my r32 gtr ,black,tein coilovers,os-giken close ratio box,triple plate clutch,trust tdo5 turbos, trust external wastegate,trust low mount extracters,hks air filter pods,arc intercooler,nismo oil cooler,jun cam gears,tomei & hks fcon

computers,veilside oil catchcan,

Its currently making 250kws at all 4 wheels,bearing in mind that

the piping from the turbos to the cat are extremely small and the cat isnt a hi flow unit but this will be changed to a custom s/steel

system from the turbos all the way through, so this should make a big difference.my goal is to make 300kws at all 4 wheels.

thanks michael.:D:P:)

• 1 year later...

here's my comparison of before and after power on the same dyno, two days apart:

With STANDARD turbos, engine, fuel system and ECU, plus the usual mods of intake, intercooler and exhaust my car made 210 rwkw @ 1.0 bar boost.

Then with the addition of a Power FC, cam gears, hi-flow cat and proper tuning it made 273 rwkw @1.2 bar. That's with the injectors at 100% duty cycle and 11.6:1 AFR's.

I tried to attach my graph with the two curves but couldn't as the file is apparently two big even when zipped to 111KB. Can anyone help?

Gary.

with power fc, cam gears, 4in exhaust, 720c injectors, fmic, 386 4wkw. its not impossible... sorry and 1.2bar. or 22psi, also have dyno results and list of mods which can help you acheive same results. forgot to mention standard internals.

Um wreckedhead I think your post is a little outside the criteria we are discussing here. The thread revolved around getting a GTR to 200 awkw with small mods. I hardly think comments like "386awkw is not impossible" are going to add any value to this particular discussion. You are clearly running much more hardware including a large turbo setup - hardly in the league of your typical GTR running pods, exhaust,boost etc.

PS: Nice job of reviving a VERY old thread

well yeah i know but small mods dont always mean the cheapest right, for example eceryoen that ownes a car on the forum has a exhast and air filter, for most people thats just a requirment to have on your car for beter breating, basically you wouldnt count that as a mod that would help you significantly, but insatlling a power fc, and some injectors, well there you go thats a couple very small mods, but then again you might think of it differntly,. but thats what will help him acheive the power he wants from his gtr.

with power fc, cam gears, 4in exhaust, 720c injectors, fmic, 386 4wkw. its not impossible... sorry and 1.2bar. or 22psi, also have dyno results and list of mods which can help you acheive same results.   forgot to mention standard internals.

Which turbo's are you using ?