SAU Community

R33 Power Problems

bucket

Sarp Guys,

I am having a problem with my R33, when the car requires low end talk it seems to "jump" as like one of the spark plugs isnt firing, or firing iratically.

I have a 93 Series 1 and havent done anything sience it has come over (except 3" Cat back)

Would someone be able to recommend some first things to do. I was going to go out today and get ;

New Sparkplugs

Oil Change

K&N Pod Filter

Boostcontroller

BOV

The Airflow Metre also hasnt been changed or cleaned sience i have had it.. so if anyone can recommend me a few steps that i should do to pretty much maintain it.

Thanks for your help

I had a similar problem with my R33, turn out to be a faulty coil pack. Spray your coil packs and surrounds with CRC (or similar)and let it dry for about 1/2 hour, this will insulate the coil pack and stop it from shorting on the head if it is faulty.

Ronin 09,

Yes it is true that leaving the cover off is better, but it really shouldn't be a problem unless your racing/driving very hard. The extra heat build-up can cause misses in firing due to the heat causing probelms with the coil-packs. It's not a problem to leave the cover off, it looks tough, just don't get it wet.

This is unlikely to be the issue, but coil-pack issues like poor connections and poor spark might be. Coil packs are quite frequently known to find another path to drop the spark rather than through the plug, and can cause burn hole in other parts of the coil pack.

See'ya:burnout: