SAU Community

Front Quarter Panel Indicators On R32 What Models?

GKTECH

Hey guys as the topic suggest my car has no front quarter panel indicators. Just not sure whether they have been deleted, after market quarters or it was a factory option.

Heres 2 pics.

gtst6.jpg

gtst7.jpg

Are they possibly GTR guards? The GTR front bar seems to line up pretty well with the guards, I have noticed on most GTS-t's with GTR front bars it doesnt line up well.

Also the rims, are they R32 GTR's or just GTS-t's painted?

cheers,

Greg

don't think any do.. only ones that have them are the aussie ones, where they are added to meet ADR's.

The recent 89/90 models don't need them added (in a couple of states anyhow).

Really hard to tell if they are genuine gtr or just painted from that angle..

All cars that came in under SEVS or RAWS or whatever have to get side indicators.

All the 15 year hacks dont have them.

Your guards definately are standard GTS ones.

Hey,

To answer your question for the rims even though the R32 GTS-t and GT-R rims like almost identical from the face view. the GT-R ones are actually 8 inches wide to fill out the wider guards, compared to the GTS-t's being only 6-inches.

They wouldn't be GT-R guards cos I've seen Adam's GTS-t from Fulllock motorsport's car and he's got GT-R guards and front bar on his and personally I reckon it looks weird cos the rear guards aren't flared out as much making the car look a little out of proportion. Its an awesome car but I've been told its a hard car to drive.

As for the front that would most likely be an aftermarket kit.

1. No 32s came with side repeaters except for Aus delivered ones - i know - they're damn ugly

2. Not GTR guards - not fat enough, see how the rear panel is flush with the door? GTR ones are not flush they buldge out at the point where the guard meets the door

3. Pretty sure they're GTS-t painted wheels - GTR ones have a little more kink in the spokes - GTS-t spokes are a little flatter

:) cheers