SAU Community

Ok let cruise then!

whatsisname

Clint,

I've never needed an extinguisher or secondary bonnet restraints fitted when I've run my car @ the drags, that's @ both AIR & Eastern Creek in NSW. That said if ANDRA is now on board with the new & improved AIR then they might be required? I might ring AIR & ask.

The Bell helmet is a goer but the race suit & boots might be a bit much, unless you run a 10 or better!? :P

Sim,

Oops! Haven't checked the PM's for a while. Sorry mate will do.

Joel,

As long as it's not a seriously noticeable leak & isn't dripping you'll be fine. If it isn't dropping oil on the ground overnight I wouldn’t be worried.

Originally posted by BRUTE

AIR has fallen through, not good ;) 

Matt if ya heading down to victor give us a call if I'm free on the day then wouldn't mind catching a few waves :)

G'day Henry,

So AIR isn't back online @ all? What a huge bummer :D I can't believe we (SA locals) have a drag strip sitting there doing nothing! Looks like a private session may be the go?

Hell yeah mate only too keen to hook up for a few waves!

I've been riding a lid for 14yrs. My old man use to shape (surfboards) for a living back in the 70-80's, he wasn't too keen when I took up bodyboarding instead, but he got over it ;)

I went down to Victor last Sunday (19th) 3'+ Parsons, nice little wedging RH peak down the far end off the rocks with 5 of us on it, got a couple of little barrels. Everyone else was just down from the carpark (30+!)

We're heading to Yorke's this weekend for some reef waves :uh-huh:

Matt - didn't know that you bodyboard

I used to been into it heaps a few years back, but all my mates stopped going so I haven't bothered for a while. I still have all my gear, I'll have to try and get down to Victor at some stage. We used to go to knights and boomers mainly, and sometimes the far end of horseshoe bay when it got big, as it used to wedge into the beach of the rocks.

We should have a cruise down to Victor before the cooler weather gets here - maybe fit in a quick surf if its any good as well!!

Bummer about AIR. I would like to give it a go at some stage, I remember there was talk a while back about organizing a private day - what ever happend to that?

Chris

Guest GTRdotcom

Hi guys,

Long time no see

Howz every1???

*yay* i'm in for the cruise fri 31st, then head out to the Temples to see the fireworks (Chinese NY's eve)

Happy Chinese NY to y'all

Andy

Yes Julian, I still have the GTR

:bahaha:

Chris,

Yeah mate BB'ing has been my other big hobby (lifestyle influence) since I was ~8yrs old!

I grew up in a surfing family (dad being a shaper & all) & bodyboarded on a near daily basis for yrs. After I joined the RAAF & graduated I still surfed on a weekly basis (5x a wk) It's only been in the last 2yrs that I haven't been as much, mostly due to the Skyline interest! My BB vid/mag collection is larger than my car vid/mag collection!

Any time you (or any other BB/stand-up) wanna' hook up for a wave I'm keen!

I don't mind Knights, it's like Rebounds on South Arm in Tassie (where I grew up) but it doesn't seem to hold size as well? 6'+ & it shuts down, maybe the sand hasn't been right when I've ridden it? I was @ Knights a few wks back, 18-20+ guys out! I just took off on the bigger closeouts to get a wave or 2 to myself! Good for big closeout barrels & airs but :uh-huh:

Give me reef waves anyday though! Shark Island or The Reef @ Eaglehawk Neck in Tassie are my kinda' waves :P

Andy,

Long time no hear mate! See ya' on the 31st ;) Happy Chinese NY.

cool! I reckon I'd be pretty shit at it now. We used to go every weekend, but I haven't been out anywere in over a year! Mainly used to go to boomers/knights because we were all generally unfit fat bastards and hated paddling for ages!!! haven't been to many other spots and surfed, but we had a trip over to Yorkes a few years back. We had a few good days at pondelowie, 5 ft ,offshore only about 6 of us out, it was heaps good. If you are going to Yorkes, check out ethel's and chinamans - it goes off there.

The car has taken up alot of my time, but I'll have to get back into it a bit more. The last good surf I had was at Pt Lincoln in feb 2001, I went over there for 2 weeks. Thinking about it now makes me want to go down this weekend.

Chris

well looks like AIR may still be happening just bit of a stale mate

ATM. Apparently there is 7 titles but only 6 in the contract. cant say so much but lets hope it goes our way.

Matt , haven't been out for a least 2 yrs but getting back into it

have a good one at Yorks :P

No.The Sale of AIR has not gone through, which is bad news for guys with comp cars, but street meets(such as the one on the 1st feb)will go ahead as planned.4,6,&rotor Nats still on too.

I drove the R33 on the street today.It's a bit of a handfull.RWD only is a waste of time.

Will be nice & warm on Fri night.I will be taking the R34 out for a prowl after 10.Prob cruise through the city & down to bay for icecream.

I was down at boomers couple weeks back, let me know of next

victor trip, I may come too.

Henry - just got back from Coober Pedy.CP to PtAgutta - 3hrs10m

Gotta love that 6th gear & cruise control.See ya.

Chris,

Naa mate you won't take long to pick it back up, just like riding a bike :D If you hate paddling then reef waves are for you! No shorebreak to paddle though.

I've been surfing with a stand-up mate lately who's ridden just about EVERY SA spot worth knowing so that should have the Yorkes selection covered!

:lol: Trust me mate all it'll take is one good session & few quality waves & you'll wonder why you haven't been more often!

Henry,

Good to hear mate. Dropping into a clean offshore 4-6' peak on nice sunny early morning (~7.00am) brings a smile to the dial :( Will do.

John,

So good & bad news about AIR. Glad the Nat's are still here! The 33 on the street would've been an interesting sight from the next lane :(

I'll give you guys a call next time I'm headed to Victor. PM me your # Chris.