SAU Community

Fmic Installation

skid_marc

hey i have just bought a 3.5 inch xforce turbo back system and a fmic for my 33, was wondering if anyone new any places around hills area where could get fmic installed

have been quoted around 500 for install from unique autosports, is that the price ill be looking at?

hey mate..

i'm in the same position as you..

i've gotten some other quotes though, try unigroup @ girraween.. they quoted me about 50 - 60 per hour.. takes about 5 - 6 hours..

and try sonny and kemp at ultra tune in smithfield..

Theyre on nissansilvia.com - go to the new south wales forum and there should be a sticky thread called INTERCOOLER PIPING or something like that.

check that out and send em a PM

cheers.

I did my own install, and also another persons the other day for $250 and they supplies the pipework, clamps and brackets. Its approx 5hr job, as you have to do alot of angle grinding on the support bar which takes the most time.

You also need to modify the front bar, to fit the bar back on, hence cutting back some of the plastic.

With the right tools and some nice space, not too hard to do :D Today I had to dismantle a FMIC for compliance purposes, and replace it with the stock cooler, that basically felt like more work than an install... hehe

I did my own install, and also another persons the other day for $250 and they supplies the pipework, clamps and brackets. Its approx 5hr job, as you have to do alot of angle grinding on the support bar which takes the most time.

You also need to modify the front bar, to fit the bar back on, hence cutting back some of the plastic.

With the right tools and some nice space, not too hard to do :D Today I had to dismantle a FMIC for compliance purposes, and replace it with the stock cooler, that basically felt like more work than an install... hehe

:)

would not be a pretty if i tried to do it myself

:D

would not be a pretty if i tried to do it myself

Ahhh i c, its really not that hard to be honest.... If you want, I can do it for the same price as I charged the other guy to install his... You basically just need to supply the pipe kit for ur FMIC...

Do you have an aftermarket front bar????

hey i have just bought a 3.5 inch xforce turbo back system and a fmic for my 33, was wondering if anyone new any places around hills area where could get fmic installed

have been quoted around 500 for install from unique autosports, is that the price ill be looking at?

Hey mate,

I got the same exhaust system.....is it the one with the combined dump and front pipe?

My one is a single dump & front pipe and it seems to keep coming loose from the turbo.....ive had it tighted 2 times already, same thing happens.....

let me know if you get the same problem......hopefully not.....

Stel

I (and other SAUers) strongly recommend MRC.

Very helpful, explains everything and high quality work.

tell em the price son, the price son!

eventually, when i get the FMIC done, i wanna Eff the piping off and move it to the other side so it comes up the OTHER side of the engine, then across the top, so i can relocate my pod in the lil stock cooler box thingo on my front passanger side thingo. ;)

tell em the price son, the price son!

eventually, when i get the FMIC done, i wanna Eff the piping off and move it to the other side so it comes up the OTHER side of the engine, then across the top, so i can relocate my pod in the lil stock cooler box thingo on my front passanger side thingo.  ;)

Thing to the thingo thingo.... Hrrrrmmmm Anyhow, you can run CAI when it routes the piping over the engine fan.

seeing as your in the hills area give castle hill exhaust a go.

they did my complete front mount, plumbing and exhaust and total cost ended up being $1600.

they made and fitted the lot in about 3 days and do good quality work, im sure the fact they dont have to make anything up would make it alot quicker and cheaper.