SAU Community

Random Pics From Japan!

Rezz

Hello... I've got bearly a week and a half left in Japan and I thought I might post up some real random stuff I've got pics from... nothing special but they may be of interest to some who might be REALLY bored at work/home whatever...

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2679_1.jpg

My wife ordered some carboard boxes (called 'Dan-boh-ru' in Japanese...) and there was this 'Power Builder Bee Racing' piece of card under the plastic straps to protect the boxes from ripping etc... of all the places...

moonvenus.jpg

A pic of the Moon and Venus at dusk in Ashiya, I took it a few days ago. Thats only a 3x zoom with a Canon IXY 500.

drift.jpg

I went to the Nanko street drifting a few weeks back and took this pic of SAU member 'Gojira's car... the R32 is at the back (no I didn't have a go at drifting).

IMG_2500_1.jpg

IMG_2501_1.jpg

Japanese holiday 'Obon' fireworks on the Yodo river in Osaka. About 2 million people were along the river and surronding areas to watch that night. Taken about 3 weeks ago.

toughbox.jpg

Just some random 'Engrish' written on a CD box...

Edited by Rezz

Speaking of 'Engrish' check these out... Alloy wheel center caps:

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

karl.jpg

If you've been to Japan and you don't know Ka-ru Ojisan, you should be sent to bed without dinner! :lol:

r32.jpg

trent0003.jpg

The Skyline ready to get loaded into a shipping container...

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

Random Umeda (Osaka) streetscapes...

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

At first I thought C-West had gone under, but they're just refurbishing their Nishinomiya Service Garage.

IMG_2567_1.jpg

If you ever wondered what a SuperAutobacs garage looks like, well here it is... with my Silvia getting the front coilovers changed and big camber dialled in (and white AVS VS-6 wheels put back on)...

... went out into the parking lot while waiting and saw this:

IMG_2532.jpg

My missus got a new laptop:

parachan0002.jpg

parachan0001.jpg

I noticed that Japanese laptops have 'Characters' floating around the screen... you have to look after them. This one is called 'Para-chan' an it's a baby seal (boy).

parachan0003.jpg

parachan0004.jpg

Here he's asking: "Have you been using the Schedule function?"

Thats all for now :P

Thanks mate :rofl:

Some more:

march_sakura.jpg

sakura1.jpg

sakura2.jpg

sakura3.jpg

sakura4.jpg

Some pics of Sakura (cherry blossoms) I took earlier in the year around April or so. They only bloom like this (in this area - the blooming starts from Kyushu then moves north up throughuot Japan) for a week or two then look just like normal trees for the rest of the year...

streetscape1.jpg

... another streetscape.

galant.jpg

You see? Ricey car mods DO exist in Japan! It's a Mitsubishi Legnum.

Edited by Rezz

airport1.jpg

airport3.jpg

airport4.jpg

airpost2.jpg

This is Itami Airport, Osakas northern Domestic terminal. Actually, it was Osakas old International terminal before Kansai International was built 10 years or so ago.

driving1.jpg

driving2.jpg

driving3.jpg

driving4.jpg

Some driving shots, going down Route 43 (night) and Hanshin Kousoku Wangan-sen (Hanshin Bayside Expressway). It's not always that empty, but between speed camera locations you can average 150 - 180km/h (damn speed limiter!) if it's quiet.

wtf kind of parking is that in the last sakura picture?

It a really old corner house, maybe 60+ years old, and thats the only space for a car on the 'block'... I say block but the whole house would be on a pad of say 8m x 10m

I noticed that Japanese laptops have 'Characters' floating around the screen... you have to look after them. This one is called 'Para-chan' an it's a baby seal (boy).

OMG. Its Clippy's Japanese cousin ;)

I love this little insights in to peoples lives/world. In some ways these more mundane things are the most interesting.

• 2 weeks later...