SAU Community

Skyline Conversion!

g'day guys

will an rb25det out of an r33 bolt in directly to an r32? and if i did so would i have to get a custom made exhaust and intercooler?

cheers keegza :P

have you got the engine already?

- check the difference in the way the engine mounts bolt on the block , if they look the same you should be able to retain the 32 mounts and bolt them to the RB25 block.

have you got a front mount IC or using std?

- after market one should be pretty close in the piping design so you should have to change much here.

exhaust would more than likely need a change, but the std dump will fit on the 32 exhaust, you will only know once you fit the engine in.. but this change would be very little in terms of cost for modification.

Sorry to hijack your thread Keegza, but I'm also looking at doing something like this...

I have an R32GTS with an RB25DE, and am looking at converting to an RB25DET most likely from a half cut. What other things would i need to look at changing as well? I know of brakes for a start, but i was also told the RB25DET computer wouldn't be able to run the utilities in the car (A/C etc..) is this so? and what else should i think about replacing as well.

Thanks guys.