SAU Community

Thursday Night Poker

slow_r31

does anyone else here play thursday night poker, went down tonight with 4 friends, 2 of them did really well, was an awesome night.

anyone that's never played in a real tournament before, highly recommend, only 75 buy-in, bout 250people, and top 30 places payed. makes for an awesome night out.

btw was anyone else there tonight (thursday)

i have wanted to start playing in these but none of my friends want to go down and play with real money they just like playing at home, mmmm i might have to go down one day

You should go down on a saturday at about 10 or 11am on saturday and try out the sit and goes its better to get there earlyer because then you dont have to wait to get on a table

is this thursday nights at crown?

i play for fun online

my old man is obsessed and always playing online tournaments....and has been winning quite a few lately lol

Edited by madwob

I was there last night. Didn't do great though. Got short stacked when the blinds hit 1000/2000. All in on pocket 2s really doesn't do much for ya when 4 others call yr bet. Best result so far was 12th in the 6 wks I've been playing it.

Played on Tues sit n go too. Played 3 $35 tourneys and finished 3rd on the first table, 1st on the second table and my A/K gone done on the third table but a flush draw on the river. I'm loving these sit n go tourneys though. Great idea with a quick turnaround.

Meh, that's poker for ya.

Let me know if yr there next week and I'll hook up with ya before the game starts.

I might be going down there tommorow i am a fan of the sit and goes i have played in two $50 ones came 4th and 3rd so it aint to bad i have played a bit online too i came 20th out of 200 for a t'ment worht 700 us on tuesday night ! went all in on A's and someone called it with KQ and ended up getting two pair on the river!! but as you say thats poker!

Sit N Go's

Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday.

Regular Tournament's

Thursday[N]

Friday[N]

Sunday[D] Phase 1 or phase 2 followed by phase 3 or cash tourney

just check the tournament guide for more info.

note: poker room opening at 12pm monday-friday as of oct 3.

1500 bank usually. 35$ sit n goes you get 1250. depends on the tourney also...

A.

Edited by Tea

Ahh good to hear we have some more fellow players.

entry fee goes up to 100 next week ive just discovered :|, starting to get a bit rich.

We were there to the end as 2 of us (not me thou) made final table, 10th and 4th. i bummed out around 90 in similar circumstances to Leewah Pocket 6's while short stacked and blind approaching.

Needless to say that the 2 of us that placed well were very excited/happy considering it was the first real tournament they had entered. So anyone that has douts cause they haven't played a tournament before, you still have a big chance!

Always interesting when your mates are on the same table thou, as you don't want to call/put them all in so its a welcome relief if you get split up tables and they aren't on the same table.

do people get cut if ur not 100% on the blinds etc...like u know basically how to play poker, but you know what i mean

everyone is pretty cool, i know i had a few dumb c*** moments, the dealers are pretty good, like they'll tell you if its your call/check, and they'll tell u when u need to put out blinds etc so as long as your willing to learn a lil, you could easy pick it up on the spot as your going.

everyone is pretty cool, i know i had a few dumb c*** moments, the dealers are pretty good, like they'll tell you if its your call/check, and they'll tell u when u need to put out blinds etc so as long as your willing to learn a lil, you could easy pick it up on the spot as your going.

sweet, i might have to get down there and check it out for a laugh one night....i usually play roulette

I'll let my old man know too, he'd probably be in it, and might even do alright!

he wanted to play in the crown tournament, but not lay out $1500 to enter