SAU Community

Drift 1 Intercooler Kit R33

GtstCoupe

yeah the core is you 600x300x76 and by the looks has nice straight welds and fins and just to make sure i spoke to the supplier and got there opion and a few other people who have purchased and say it ,is equal if not better than hybrid and is very light ,so now i am eagerly waiting ,by the way does any1 have some pics of the cooler install ,in particular with the bar off and showing how it all fits with the reofitted.

strange cos usually drift people, or the like strive on response and ideally a smaller core would be preferred. i would have though a 450x300x75 would be more suited as there would be less volume on the inlet system thus reducing throttle lag as much as possible but still retaining a good fmic setup. the arc ones are setup like this and are mega expensive.

is the cooler really a "drift" cooler? just sounds more like a marketing hype

ive got a 600x300 one at home that i never ended up using cos it was too big and ended up getting a 480x300x75 core which worked really well, well i guess compared to the stocker unit anyway. bigger is not always better

strange cos usually drift people, or the like strive on response and ideally a smaller core would be preferred. i would have though a 450x300x75 would be more suited as there would be less volume on the inlet system thus reducing throttle lag as much as possible but still retaining a good fmic setup. the arc ones are setup like this and are mega expensive.

is the cooler really a "drift" cooler? just sounds more like a marketing hype

The brand of the cooler kits is "Drift 1" or as known to some people as D1. That doesn’t mean the coolers are for people who have there cars set up for drift. its quite a popular brand over in the states and the piping is made out aircraft grade quality aluminum. My mate has the D1 kit on his 32 and works great. The piping is perfect with the kits and cooler coolers are good as well however I’m not sure if the coolers are genuine D1 coolers, the piping is though. The cooler my mate got with his kit just look like the hybrid copies that people are selling I may be wrong though.