SAU Community

Leaking Injectors?

rbs13

hey guys, this afternoon i changed my oil, oil filter and fuel filter, fixed up some bad earth wires from battery to the body and tried to install turbo timer, when i went to start my car it fired up find and the turbo timer worked as well, after rechecking the oil level i went to drive the car and as soon as i hit boost the car broke down really bad, i putted home and let it idle and it was fine but as soon as i revved it it starts missfiring really really bad and backfires extreamly loud sounds like gun shots, i think a bit of oil got on the first coil pack so i took it off and wiped it off as much i could and cleaned where the plug sits, i left the car for a while and unplugged the turbo timer completly and went for a drive it started missing again but only on boost so i kept off boost and tried to go back home then all of a sudden it misses all the time now i can even take off with out it breaking down and backfiring really loud, i think it mite be a leaking injector or a few but not sure how to find out, its undrivable cause as soon as i touch the accelerator is breaks down and pops, my fuel gauge has gone down 1/4 tank and i only done about 5km but had it sitting there idling a for 20 min or so. is there any way to confirm leaking injectors or what? i dont wanna have to take em out and find they are fine, any one else had the same problems? sorry for the long post and help would be great thanks.

did you unplug the AFM?

i would check that connection and maybe give that a clean first

it seems odd that you would only do a service and then all of a sudden you would find that "a few" injectors were leaking? not likely...

maybe also check that you have earthed the battery properly and that there isn't a loose connection somethere at the negative terminal

Warren.

My guess, the ECU has gone into limp home mode. You shorted out something when you were playing around with the wiring or you have left a connector unpluged. Check the error codes, that will tell you what WAS wrong. Then reset the ECU and take it for a drive, check for error codes, that will tell you what is wrong NOW. Then fix what it is that the error codes are telling you is wrong.

If you don't know how to rear the error codes or reset the ECU then do a search. Plenty of info on the forum.

PS. turbo timers are a waste of oxygen, just make it easier for someone to steal your car. What dod you have a turbo timer for? Cooling dowwn the turbo? What about a gearbox timer? Or a brake timer? They will be just as hot as your turbo. Cool it all down, do a slow lap of the block before you park it.

:D cheers :D

why does every1 diss turbo timers?

i know when im runnin late for work i dont wanna sit in my car or go really slow 2 work just casue "you dont need them"

i use mine alot

because if you crash your car and are unconscious in the drivers seat the timer will keep petrol flowing to the engine bay....nice way to fuel a fire id say :D

ok guys, thanks for the help, the car fixed it self i think, i worked some more on it, changed plugs back over to old ones and it didnt start at all then changed back and it still didnt start.. i started swearing at it uncontrollably then my dad came out and started it and it worked fine! i HATE cars.. argh. yea turbo timer is more wank factor. cheers

why does every1 diss turbo timers?

i know when im runnin late for work i dont wanna sit in my car or go really slow 2 work just casue "you dont need them"

i use mine alot

Driving flat stick doesn't really get you to work that much quicker. :D

Light to moderate on boost you don't need to leave the car running, just be sure turning the car off is the last thing you do before getting out the car, this gives the turbo time to spin down.