SAU Community

VIC P Plates and GTS-T M-Type

DJ_L3ThAL

he IS paying for it its including in the price, but anywyas there was only one tiny scratch on the front skirt, and a small dent on the bonnet and a place near the front of the bonnet where the previous owner had tried to touch it up but it was a little lumpy and a small dent in the driver door and one windscreen wiper looked to have half its paint rubbed off for some reason but he has fixed ALL of those things up being a panle beater and all, spent half today re-spraying the bonnet fixing the dents etc so unfortunately i didnt get it today but he rekons tomorrow morning first thing we will go and register it :D its coz he neds to get it road worthied this afternoon (should be done by now ill call him and see whats happening), otherwise its a perfect car :P soon to be mine

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alexR33

Yeah, I don't know if those gradings are true, It was from the J-spec website. I have been following auctions for some time and bought in a few cars and was of the same information of you. Grade 4 was the highest before the car is basically new. Possibly some auctions differ, I know this was the case in the Tokyo auctions... I've actually havent seen any 95 grade 4.5 or 5 skylines... Even 4 fetch decent prices at the moment. A dint in a car would mean it would definitely be no higher than grade 3.5 A

Anyway, doesn't mean it's not a sweet care! catch you mate

Guest alexR33

I wouldn't worry about the wipers, a lot of skylines have the same problem. Only thing to watch out for is under the bonnet, as the wipers are usually a sign of a lot of UV damage, so just check where the bonnet meets the windscreen, sometimes you can have some corrosion there which you may want to get fixed up sooner than later.

Sounds like your'e getting a good car /deal lethal!

And as long as you are on good terms with this guy and / or have a warranty then you will have a safeguard against anything that may pop up later [hopefully you won't need it though].

lol well is there a sticky or something on how to maintain and shit like that for the car, i wanna keep this car just as good a sit is when i get it for ages :D i love looking after my stuff, like what the best paint maintenance and interior maintenance and most of all engine maintenance

Warranties are really only for peace of mind, just like insurance half the time. You can always purchase your own warranty these days if you wanted too. I didnt when i bought my 34 back in november but i considered it. Seller gave me a 3 month warranty but I had to push for it.

If your at all interested check CarGear for warranty info and cost - a useful site for anyone buying a car Australia wide!

EX, that is mostly correct.

The statutory warranty in Victoria is 3 months - however the car needs to be either less than 10 years old or have done less than 160,000 kms. If the car doesnt meet these 2 requirements the dealer is not obliged to offer warranty. [i just sold my old car through a friends dad, who is a LMCT].

I bought mine from a private importer not a Licensed Motor Car Trader [thus had to negotiate a warranty]!

DJ_lethal's case appears to be similar to mine in that the seller isnt a licensed dealer[?]

I got busted for driving my R33 GTS25t, the cop walked away with a huge grin on his face!:shake:

I had to go to court and was facing 1) loss of licence 2) extention of P's 3) $500+ in fines.

I got off with it though as i'm a fat bastard (~100kg) and that extra weight in the car was enough to put the power-to-weight down to 123kw/t ;)

I don't recommend this though. I WAS VERY LUCKY the magistrate saw it my way.

Anyway, it is being moded to the sh@t and when I get off my P's watch out! However, for safetys sake i'm not driving around in a 1980 toyota corona. It too is an import as toyota didn't start selling them here until 1983! :lol:

DJ, Just remember that they will fix all the dints etc for you because it will cost them more or less nothing. Its all good and well if it looks good, but the most important thing (in my eye) is that it is mechanically sound. A cooked turbo is very expensive. I can live with a couple of dents, as long as i know the engine/turbo/gearbox/diff won't s*it itself.

just my 2c

BTW, check your PM