SAU Community

VIC P Plates and GTS-T M-Type

DJ_L3ThAL

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

akeenan is right, tho... I got two keys, a spare and a valet. And the valet don't unlock the boot, only the two doors... The bastard who sell the car to me must have kept the original key... I hate that guy...

Or worst??? What if that was a stolen car??? :D

yes personalised plates

and the body kit is like a subtle but nice 'gtr' style kit, its kinda hard to explain, but the car look very slick and muscly, i miss it already and its only been at danny's for about 2 hours now :D LOL! oh and of course, its black :P

Originally posted by phorj

I got busted for driving my R33 GTS25t, the cop walked away with a huge grin on his face!:shake:  

I had to go to court and was facing 1) loss of licence 2) extention of P's 3) $500+ in fines.  

I got off with it though as i'm a fat bastard (~100kg) and that extra weight in the car was enough to put the power-to-weight down to 123kw/t :D  

I don't recommend this though. I WAS VERY LUCKY the magistrate saw it my way.

hmm.... almost makes me re-think getting a R34 while i'm on my P's.... damn, i don't wanna be driving around with that sorta of consequence hanging around the back of me noggin...

hmmmmmmm *enters deep thought*

Jet,

Say stock standard series 1 with a 3 inch cat-back exhaust and 4 inch tip.

Got is standard so I could work the crap out of it and know exactly what was in there!

Thinking on doing...

1) FMIC 2) T3/4 or similar 3) BOOOOST 4) POD (if factory not up to spec) 5) new front/dump pipe 6) Engine Management

Should see about 200+ rwkw. enough for me for now!

I want to keep it looking stock though, a semi-sleeper, as the skyline badge is going to scare heaps of would-be-heros away instantly.

My car was an auction grade 4.

I got a copy of the auctioneers report and went over it with my agent, and a friend.

only 1 tiny dent in drivers door, and a small dent in passenger-side RQP, near bumper!

Have to wait until off my Ps to mod the car though! will save $$ in the process:D

phorj -

cops must be pretty hard on younger drivers out ur way cause ive pulled over by cops and im on my Ps and none of them gave a crap about it.

oh well.... only 4 more months of being on my Ps now.

I was pulled over by the wrong cop on the wrong day!

At this stage I was driving it around on a UVP (Un-Reg Vehicle Permit).

I was going to the garage (my friends) to get my cambelt done and stop a knocking from the engine.

The cop prob thought it was BS and stuck me with the ticket!

Main reason he pulled me over was no plates on my car due to no-reg at that time.

they don't target everyone with an import, but some cops do know what to look for.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Turbomachinery engineers. They're just mechanical engineers who generally studied in universities focused on oil and gas, aviation or that had a formula SAE competition team. We have an entire team of them in our engineering department... they geek out over data and performance testing. I worked with them a lot when we developed an anti surge system for centrifugal compressors ran by electrical motors (~20 000-50 000HP) to avoid surging on accidental power loss.  They laugh when I mention automotive turbochargers.... it seems they're lightyear's behind in technology due to poor funding. If you think formula 1 spends a lot of money, a single turbine/centrifugal compressor package in my line of work including the balance of plant equipment generally ranges in the 150-250Million range depending on size.   
    • The diff brace did not increase NVR at all. And yea the whole reason I thought getting the rear diff brace was a no brainer was because of the reduction in wearing the bushings out + wheel hop. It's a cheap mod for a big cost mitigation in the long run. I bought it for $99 USD + shipping. In regards to the sway bar - i had some over/understeer going on but i just checked my tires and they are pretty worn out. I wont be changing them til july since i'm away for work for a month or so. will sort it when i get back and do more testing. But its definitely still a big thumbs up from me given how planted the car feels now and me being able to go around corners quicker. Still puzzling to me why they never put a LSD into these cars....even the 400z. I saw this mob selling LSD kits for a decent price though it's a little more involved on your part to get it installed: https://www.tractionconcepts.com/Infiniti-Q60-R190-Limited-Slip-LSD-Rear-Conversion-p/tcxin9240.htm  
    • Great for thrashing on the track - particularly if it is all corners. Otherwise, it is a recipe for massive tyre wear and reduced straight line traction. -1 is plenty for a streeter.
    • There are other MAP tapping ports. There's one that runs to the boost gauge MAP sensor on the firewall (over in the corner behind the brake booster). Start at that sensor and follow the hose to the plenum.
    • Japanese circuits have always looked tight to me on Youtube vids. They seem to be able to fit tracks into the smallest of spots. I've never experimented with camber in the rear. I'm running similar front camber to you (albeit in the E90) but I've been looking into what options I have in the rear. -3 rear seems like a lot. Yeah, mine is the N54. I had an N52 330i for about 7 years, it was awesome but I just needed a little more poke. The N54 is also DI. I'm running BC coilovers with the M3 front arms and a Whiteline front sway bar and the turn in and ride quality is brilliant. But I do still suffer from a bit of roll so I've been looking into that lately.