SAU Community

Over Boosting After Installing Fmic

Damo

Just installed a GT spec hybrid FMIC today and took it for a test drive and noticed the boost hit 15psi before i backed off the gas. I have it set for 10.

Just wondering if i have T'ed the line that goes to the wastegate actuator in the wrong spot. At the moment it is T'ed into the line that goes from the standard BOV back to the intake manifold. The hose is no greater than 1cm in diameter and only about 1ft long.

I put it here cause of what i read on another forum, starting to think its wrong.

Here is the pic from the thread where it said to t into

post-3430-1128157471.jpg

Edited by Damo

I installed mine last Tuesday, t'd the same line & I don't have a problem....I don't have an a/m boost guage but there has been nothing different. Boost comes on faster, but not over boosting. Did you use the hose that came with the kit to run it back??????

The same thread we posted in, one guy said not to use that line for some reason & he used a different one, said he would post a pic but didn't. But a couple of guys said that's what they've done & no problems.

I have to check with someone to make sure it is ok, but the upside is if it is wrong you should just need to replace the cut hose & connect to the right one.

yeah i used the hose in the kit to t it in. wierd that it works on yours but not mine. might take out the boost controler 2moro and c how that goes.

anyone else got another sugestion on where to tap into???

yeah it should be plumber into the cooler piping just before the throttle body, the stock piping had a little nipple that the feed went to. this is so that manifold presure is directly fed to the boost controller and then the actuator. theres another spot you can t into, where the stock guage gets its signal from. the plenum (6 pipe thing) if your standing on the drive side of the car looking at plenum on right end of plenum is a air tube line which runs to the stock guage. if you tee into this should work fine, mine is setup like this. othewrwise youll have to tee into the cooler piping and use a nipple setup, aka drill hole and messy

yeah this was my next option. only its a different size hose that is tapped off the plenum, its much smaller than the hose that goes to the wastegate. I was not sure of this would make a difference. Will give it a try, though i might have to buy more hose.

Fixed the problem, just had to readjust the boost controler. Tapping into another line with a much longer hose must throw out the calibration of it.

I agree with you ICER33 about drilling into the new piping, makes it much neater. Will have to do this. Can you give a more detailed DIY guide. like was any sealant required and how did you screw the nipple into it?

Cheers