SAU Community

Regassing Aircon.

GTRsean

Hi,

Does anyone know how much gas and lubricant the A/C system takes in an R32 GTR?

I need to regass mine as there was no gas to start off with and it will be using the old gas (not R134-a).

The guy needs to know how much of the gas and lube to put in.

Got a figure of 500ml searching past forums.

Cheers.

pretty sure i saw a sticker on one saying around 650g of gas.. normal oil charge is written on the label on the compressor, not the easiest thing to read while still fitted in the car. probably around 100- 120ml of oil at a guess.

Good thread, I recently had my a/c regassed as the condensor was removed.

Initially the thing would lock up and almost stall the car. :P

Brought it back, lots of water in it, they regassed it now it works on and off and is no where near as icy cold it used to be.

Unsure exactly what they have done or haven't done. :P

Hopefully I won't have that issue, but the system has been disused for at least 3 1/2 years. Hoping it will work when I get it gassed.

I'll post an answer when I get it gassed.

Best of luck with the re-gas and hopefully no problems arise.

They have just bought in a heap of new qualifications for the A/C people to try and adhere too. All gas has got to be accounted for - tight regulations and you will get screwed pretty bad if you dont comply.

Cheers

Sumo

I had my air-con regassed at the local mech as they were doing regassing cheap. The air-con would only work for 1-2 mins properly before blowing more hot air. I took it into the local Nissan dealer and they discovered that it had been over-gassed causing the system to everheat. i paid them $90 and they regassed the thing properly. it's as cold as ice now...........well almost :P

i just got mine regassed a week ago, guy showed me there was barely any gas in there, regassed it now works fine, only thing is the clutch makes a clunk noise when u turn the a/c on for the first time in a few days, the guy said it was fine they sometimes do that, does anyone else have this happen?

stuff that was running r12 can be regassed with r12 if the leak is fixed, and the only problem with regassing with r12 is trying to find it, plus the cost. Its cheaper to convert it.

Its manly for the ppl in the industry that have bottles left over. Can sell it for over $60 a kilo

Edited by race_snooze

my dads car was regassed around a year ago using the old gas (assuming its r12) rather than being changed to the new gas. it cost $114, and the guy apparently siphons it out of wrecked cars.

Gees i bet the government wants to know who is still selling R12 a/c refrigerant. as it was phased out in 1996, and is pretty much illeagal to use/sell in this and just about every country in the world.

there was a gas made up when they phased R12 out, but it was only used for a few years as a substitute untill R134a was standard.

R12 is an ozone depleting gas. So if you want this planet to be around for your future generations i would suggest doing the right thing and convert the system to R134a

+ i would report whoever told you they could get you R12 becuase they are dodgy and i wouldn't trust them with my car anyway!