SAU Community

Fc-datalogit

Well, you can never be too safe can you...?

What the user from my above quoted text was saying makes sense though.

There is not much point in looking at peak vales. Put both basic knock and advanced knock in a chart and you will see they pretty much read very similar. There are some little discrepancies here and there, but gives you a better idea of the whole picture.

Below is an example. The red is basic knock and the yellow is advanced knock. I will make another one for you with a broader log.

log5.JPG

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take the knock readings with a pinch of salt. Throw it on the dyno watch the exhaust and listen for ping. :)

Hi Cubes,

I know what pinging sounds like, but ive always wondered what to look for with the exhaust when knock occurs. I think it gives a puff of black smoke - if this is right, what would cause this? The air-fuel mix not completely burning under knock conditions?

Cheers,

Matt

Have they got your money gawdzilla?

Yes, they do... i sent money via paypal. Since they are a registered paypal vendor w/ good feedback, I figure it is safe. Plus, Glen and them aren't scammers or anything according to everyone I've spoken to. They are just slow to act, and customer service could use some work.

Whats funny is I got a confirmation email from Glen today saying it is shipping today. However, this is after I filed a complaint/refund request via Paypal (so that I could try and buy from some other vendor). Maybe that made him act faster *shrug*... but the item is on its way so I am satisfied for now. We'll see how it pans out. Sorry guys about the thread jack...

Edited by gawdzilla

Yes, they do... i sent money via paypal.  Since they are a registered paypal vendor w/ good feedback, I figure it is safe.  Plus, Glen and them aren't scammers or anything according to everyone I've spoken to.  They are just slow to act, and customer service could use some work.

Whats funny is I got a confirmation email from Glen today saying it is shipping today.  However, this is after I filed a complaint/refund request via Paypal (so that I could try and buy from some other vendor).  Maybe that made him act faster *shrug*... but the item is on its way so I am satisfied for now.  We'll see how it pans out.  Sorry guys about the thread jack...

I'll tell my friend to do that too, we split the cost and ordred one and he hasn't got a reply from them yet. I think he wants to get his money back and wait for the English Apexi PFC software.... tho I don't think it will work with my RB20 pfc.

I still havnt seen anything of the two sets of datalogit i ordered! :(

Could Jono please tell me where they are? I have lost my patience now. As i paid you a couple of months ago and i havnt seen anything of them yet, im wondering if i should take this one step further?? I have good contacts in Australia who can help me out but i hope it wont be neccessary. Its all up to you.

what the?

I paid the dude the money and he said he shipped them. How is this my fault? He said he contacted you directly and organised it with you.

I will send him and email, but I wouldn't be making threats, as thats not going to help you at all.

Sounds a fair deal. It's worth noting that there were no problems experienced by the rest of us in the buy, other than the (normal) lack of patience when some guys were getting theirs a couple of days ahead of others. No problem otherwise.

Hopefully the inquiry with shipping agent will get it sorted quickly.

cheers

one simple email, and I got this as a response -

"OK will do.

The package was insured, so will get onto our shipping agent and find out,

or claim it and re-send."