SAU Community

Redline Or Motul?

kate_sk8r

I had the same problem.

Switched to Redline Superlight weight shock proof!!

It's now a dream to drive, whether its a cold start or up to temp. it's faultless.

It's expensive at about $135gal. (you would use just under a US gallon for a Skyline Gearbox)

I strongly recommend it if you want results :)

i use redline heavy shockproof as my sychros into 2nd and 4th needed to be replaced, I changed to this to delay the repair... had no problems since

having said that... its horrible to drive when the oil is cold..so just have to shift veryyyyyyyyyyyy slowly to begin with..lol

My car is crunching gears,  :O  (recently serviced). I doubt it's the synchro's as the car has only done 85,000 and I don't drive it like crazy.

Which gearbox oil is better, redline or motul with graphite in it?  :D

If you can get some Kendall synthetic gear oil you will be very suprised how much better your gear change is. Also I slipped some Slick 50 in as well.

Firstly, I believe there are 3 oils in the Shockproof Gear Oil range. Superlightweight, Lightweight and Heavyweight.

From what I understand, if your car use is "normal" and your box is in good condition, you should use the Superlight Weight.

For older g/box's and/or for more abusive use ( track use etc. ) go the Lightweight.

Then the Heavyweight is for dog box's etc and extreme power / usage.

But even after saying that, I'll be using the Lightweight Shockproof in my fully overhauled g/box only because I've used it before and know how well it works.

Hope that helps some :(