SAU Community

Making Sau Only For Members?

as in paid members?

you cant have it only for "club" members as not every state has a club, and then there is all the international people blah blah.

Also to note... what would traders be advertising too, they pay good money for the volumes of people.

Cutting to paid members in total (maybe) about 400 people?

not good from 20+ tho

Hmm I mean at least for everyone to view posts they need to sign up to SAU. No money. Just get them to signup.

So that people "guests" ie. random people without logging in cant view the posts

it's not a bad idea....quite a few forums have it so guests can't read them.

stops people being able to read about cruises, or other things without being logged in..

the trouble is you get a lot of people who browse first, and then sign up, and if you take that away you'd probably get less members joining.

but if u really wanted to read the info you would join?

meh.. just an idea :)

and maybe to stop scammers make it so that you need to be a member for 3months or certain number of posts in order to view the For Sale threads?

A few forums have this too such as OCAU :P

it has been covered many-a-time before mate

use the search button is your so inclined to find out more info

The whole 3-months/min post count etc etc.

Much debated with the same emphasis in the end that...

it wont stop dodgy traders regardless

I agree, i have only been a member for a handful of months with very minimal posts. I would still want to have the privilege of being able to buy and sell an item when i want/need too, hence putting the 3months/number of posts out the window effectively.

And if people don't want others knowing about a cruise "Police" then why post in a public forum? Call a few of your mates that you have met on one of the public cruises and i'm sure they will be more than willing to go for a nice drive with you.

Alternatively there could be a section for paying members which is exclusive and can't be seen by any other pubilc or non paying members. Who knows this could already be in place as i have not got a paid membership yet (still waiting for my car)

my 2c :D

Who knows this could already be in place as i have not got a paid membership yet (still waiting for my car)

Yup each state that has an official chapter (NSW, VIC, QLD, WA) has a members only section for their paid members. I think the NSW and VIC ones have been around for a couple of years now.

SAU dosen't condone illegal activities (too-gay runs in the hills, street drags, stealing etc) so there's nothing to hide from authorities either. If it can't be discussed in public, then it shouldn't be discussed on SAU.

If you forced people to sign up all it would result in is less people using the forum as a resource, and more idle users who don't actually post, all they do is sign up and lurk.