SAU Community

Help! Clicking Hicas Relay R32gtr

Macca14

I get that and I find it very annoying. I have been meaning to check out what it is and take it off my car. I don't have HICAS anymore so I am happy to hear that it won't break anything else. Do you know where the relay is located?

The relay's are located under the boot lid catch on the R32 GTR.

I have found my local NISSAN dealer can get them for approx:

$85.00 and hopefully I will quare the problem , relay's can switch on and off irregurly when they get old.

see pic's

post-14328-1129093574.jpg

AFAIK, it's supposed to happen. It's to keep the hydraulic pressure up to the HICAS unit.

If this is supposed to happen then is it normal to get a slight power drain ?

I notice it at night in idol , the headlights and dash lights flicker in time with the relay's and when the turbo timer is in countdown once the car is turned off at night the HICAS light can be seen clearly flashing in time with the relay's.

AFAIK, it's supposed to happen. It's to keep the hydraulic pressure up to the HICAS unit.

no it doesn't do that in most 32 GTRs i've driven/been in. it primes the pump when you turn the key to on, but no flickering light or clicking relay every 7 second.

no it doesn't do that in most 32 GTRs i've driven/been in. it primes the pump when you turn the key to on, but no flickering light or clicking relay every 7 second.

Do you have any sugestions as to what it could be ? Im from Darwin NT and there are only 5 GTR's here 3 of them are 32's and no one has any experiance on electrics for this type of car.

I don't know why it does it. Mine has always done it and it has always annoyed me. Out of interest my car still does it despite the fact that I have taken out the HICAS unit, the soleniod in the middle of the car and the unit in the engine bay under the oil filter. I will be looking for this thing under my boot latch next time I get a chance - hopefully it will be gone after that - I will report back when it's done!

• 1 year later...

my 32 gtr does this also. when the attesa is off the click from the soliniod goes away. I have been under my car and it seems that the attesa pump on top of the diff is priming approx every 7 seconds when the click sounds. has anyone been able to cure this issue because with my a/c on when the light flicks while im driving i can feel it thru the steering wheel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

same with my R32 GTR. The clicking relay is on the left side of the boot, rear wall, hidden behind the trim. IIRC correctly it's the leftmost one of the pair sitting there.

I wonder if it's simply electrical, or if a proper bleed of the ATTESA system will cure it?

• 1 month later...

has anyone fixed this? Because I am getting the same issue with the HICAS light flicking on and especially on the freeway after about 80kph the steering wheel moves on a weird angle..

also when the HICAS light flicks on it often causes my headunit to briefly turn off and on at the sametime..

If this is supposed to happen then is it normal to get a slight power drain ?

I notice it at night in idol , the headlights and dash lights flicker in time with the relay's and when the turbo timer is in countdown once the car is turned off at night the HICAS light can be seen clearly flashing in time with the relay's.

Yes mine does exactly the same thing however i have a r32 gtst plus mine has a slight miss thats in time with the flicker as well WTF!!!

• 1 year later...