SAU Community

Big Thanks To Powerplay Imports

Kennedy

8 weeks ago something happened that started this magical journey which would eventuate in myself owning one of these pure adrenalin machines. My so called "luxury" sedan (Audi 80) auto transmission started leaking oil right onto the exhaust. (Fellow drivers kept on thinking my car was one fire...pretty funny now that I think about it.) So I go to my beautiful girlfriend...f**k this..this time I'm gonna go get a car that I want. She quietly agreed.

The first car that came to mind was the Skyline. So I did some hunting around and found this brilliant webpage was laid it all out for it plain english. I was aware of an personal import process but had no idea how to do it, why it was better/worse etc etc. I highly recommend this website for anyone on the first steps on buying a Skyline.

Thinking of importing or buying a Japanese sports car?

After deciding that import through a broker was the shizzle (and approval from the bank) I jumped on the phone. I must have spoken to at least a dozen brokers from Cairns to Perth. I did not really feel comfortable dealing with a broker strictly over the phone so I decided to visit PowerPlay Imports at Drummoyne to see if they could recommend anyone. (At the time I thought they only sold performance parts and the occasional GTR).

From the moment I walked in I met Jo-Ann and she immediately sat me down in front her computer and showed exactly how much it would cost. End to End including the driveway price (blue slip etc etc). From there I told her my budget and the rest is bliss. I had won a car on my second auction 1 week later and right on budget.

I won the car on the 28th of August and picked it up last night and now I'm dead tired this morning coz I was driving till 1:00AM this morning (Galston Gorge at midnight is bliss)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that they guys at PowerPlay really give a shit about you and try their hardest to get you what you want. Their passion is Skylines and so that is just one of the things we have in commen.

Thanks to Tosh for all the help he's given me and not crashing my car when picking it up from the docks.

Thanks to Alistair who's a complete Skyline eccentric with the attention to detail that would rival Michelangelo.

And Special thanks to Jo-Ann. Who's genuine personality is easily seen and even contagious. Your passion for you work shows and is your greatest asset.

See you guys around.

Sam Kennedy

post-22740-1129243487.jpg

post-22740-1129243522.jpg

Mate your most welcome. Great to see that your happy with your purchase and I actually laughed out loud when I read you went down the Galston Gorge at midninght... hahaha

Enjoy the car and don't hesitate to call us if you need anything.

Cheers,

Tosh

The powerplay guys are awesome - did you save money over buying one locally?

I think I saved a shitload doing it through import. You do have to be lucky with the car when doing it as an Import I guess but I had faith in PowerPlays keen eye and general rule of

We won't import a car for someone that we wouldn't be happy with for ourselves.

..or something like that

That policy shows me that these guys are not after making a profit but to provide the best possible service.

Ending Rant now.

Thank you Sam from all of us at Powerplay. It's very nice of you to take the time to show your appreciation.

You've put an even bigger smile on my face today.

Cheers

Jo

Jo, every dealing we have had with you guys has been a pleasure (albeit limited). Your professionalism and attitude are second to none.....well done guys!

Paul and Stacey

DiRTgarage

Tosh... did you send me some Bathurst DivX's over ICQ?? I'm pretty sure that was you :) I think i spoke to you for a second on Tuesday arvo :) Ended up at powerplay hey? nice ;)

been dealing with Jo-Ann very recently too... purchasing something on Monday. Very happy with everything too. Lucky i got a black R34 :D

Tosh... did you send me some Bathurst DivX's over ICQ?? I'm pretty sure that was you :) I think i spoke to you for a second on Tuesday arvo :D Ended up at powerplay hey? nice ;)

been dealing with Jo-Ann very recently too... purchasing something on Monday. Very happy with everything too. Lucky i got a black R34 ;)

I think I did years ago... 1990, 1991 & 1992

ahhh so your the guy buying the East Bear Front Bumper Bar.... shite.... I have to get the down and pack it :) haha

nice work mate... it's an awesome bar no fibreglass either ;)

A few RAWS are now helping the personal importer free of charge to move compliance plates, they know who to trust when it come to buying a good car as they are the ones who have to reject it if not up to scratch so they are steering people in the right direction.

I also agree if a you are going to buy a skyline go to Powerplay. It will be five years in November since i bought mine from them and it Hasn't missed a beat.

I test drove a few R33 GTST' s around NSW & in the ACT and as soon as i went for a drive in the one i own now i put a deposit on it there and then and the next week i came back and picked it up. They even shared some bubbbly with me after my purchase to say congrats. Very professional.

I haven't had to change anything with the interior/exterior for almost five yrs because it was imported in immaculate condition, looked sexy and didn't need to be improved.

If i ever look for another skyline it will be through Powerplay.